Brake bleeding procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have access to ALLDATA or Toyota database?

I am looking for the procedure to manually bleed the brakes on a 2018 Toyota Camry 4 cylinders.

Also can maunally bleeding the brakes be efficient and effective as using a scan tool to activate the ABS? Will it get all the air out doing it manually?

Thanks

If you don't want to mess with it, shops have a machine that hooks to all 4 bleeder valves and sucks out old fluid from those as it pumps in new fluid to the reservior.

Otherwise, I bought a kit to do it on my own, it has a bag and suction cup that attached to your fenders, start with the wheel furthest away from the res.

I'm not familiar with the newer Toyota brake systems, but for my 04 , the ABS unit has no effect at all for normal braking. The two lines from the MC go in and pressurize the four lines to the brake calipers. Without the ABS, the two MC lines would be routed to the pressure compensating valve, just like they are now.. I replace brake fluid every two years using Russell Speed Bleeders installed on calipers.I don't think the ABS system is a factor. Some of the early ABS systems required special equipment because they used a pressurized accumulator to assist pump. My 84 Honda had that ABS system. Honda dropped that in about 90.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by mclasser
You've already asked this before.

Why not refresh the OP's memory with the answer that he/she got ? As I recall, no one was able to other than paying for the data.

Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
I'm not familiar with the newer Toyota brake systems, but for my 04 , the ABS unit has no effect at all for normal braking. The two lines from the MC go in and pressurize the four lines to the brake calipers. Without the ABS, the two MC lines would be routed to the pressure compensating valve, just like they are now.. I replace brake fluid every two years using Russell Speed Bleeders installed on calipers.I don't think the ABS system is a factor. Some of the early ABS systems required special equipment because they used a pressurized accumulator to assist pump. My 84 Honda had that ABS system. Honda dropped that in about 90.

These Russell Speed Bleeders work pretty good?

Originally Posted by diyjake
Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey

These Russell Speed Bleeders work pretty good?

They work fantastic. I have put them in every car I have owned and have been more than happy with them.

Did you run the master cylinder dry? If so, you will need a scan to activate the ABS. Or maybe if still under warranty... If not, and doing PM, just buy a Mityvac system for less than what the dealer would charge for one bleed service.

Originally Posted by diyjake
I went on their website ( http://www.russellperformance.com/mc/speed-bleeders/ ) and it doesn't show a listing for my 2009 Camry or my 2014 Sienna.

I checked a couple car models and they don't list them either. I suspect it's more a case of they haven't cataloged or cross-referenced their parts and where they fit. I mean, brake bleeders hopefully don't vary too much ! But maybe they do....

Why do you need to bleed the brakes so soon?
27.gif

Originally Posted by hallstevenson

Why not refresh the OP's memory with the answer that he/she got ? As I recall, no one was able to other than paying for the data.

Thank you
smile.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Why do you need to bleed the brakes so soon?
27.gif

It's personal preference.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by hallstevenson

Why not refresh the OP's memory with the answer that he/she got ?

But he did... by adding a link to the post. Maybe it could have said "LINK TO POST" to make it more obvious, but it was a link nevertheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back