METALSLUG First ever oil filter cut open FL820s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by MetalSlug
As for right now ultra might be it, but I WARRANTY you, it will be another Pure One gold grip few years from now.

As long as reports of torn Purolator or Purolator made filters (like Motorcrafts, etc) keep showing up they will never be a favorite with people here. And even if the tearing stopped, it would probably take more than a few years for them to be popular here again.

You gonna buy more FL-820 filters? I don't think so, because that blown out media probably actually opened your eyes.

I use the FL-400S. But if my truck used the FL-820S I would keep using them.

Originally Posted by AC1DD
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Motorcraft/Ford won't respond. Others here tried contacting them before when they found torn MC filters, and all that was heard back was chirping crickets.

When a customer makes an inquiry and the response is silence that's your answer to go buy another brand of filter and vehicle too.

Ford products and customer service has been going down hill for some years now. I'd stay away. Most of the dealers are some of the worse you will find and
often times remind me of quick lube shops.
Take it from me-my last few years of experiences with Ford dealers make me nostalgic for the old days of having indy mechanics fix my company vans. The '18 Transit has to go to the dealer every 7500 for oil changes (Ford lease)-I honestly dread letting them even look at it, much less fix anything (which they won't unless the van is dead on the side of the road)! Fortunately, it's their problem if their junk Motorcraft filters fail, not mine.

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter

But WHY?

There's no reason, or logic, to decision like that - *IF* you are aware there is a problem.

I stopped using them for the most part. Im not going to buy anymore new ones. I still have 2 820's left and I will use them up. I also have cut a few open. I've never seen any tears but they don't look very impressive. I also don't run my Mustang year round and always change its oil before parking it. Sometimes it doesn't have many miles on the oil before I change it.

This filter did not tear in use. Try finding out the MC contact email and send them pictures and a polite email. It just doesn't work in real life that if one person in the world gets no responce from a customer rep the rest of the world is not supposed to try. That's why there are surveys of thousands of customers for brands and then the customer service is rated. Ford installs thousands of these per day nation wide. Every Ford dealer every day uses them on brand new cars. They probably want the filter to be top notch and meeting engine engineering specs, dontcha think?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
Ford installs thousands of these per day nation wide. Every Ford dealer every day uses them on brand new cars. They probably want the filter to be top notch and meeting engine engineering specs, dontcha think?
laugh.gif

At the dealer? Perhaps, yes.

From the factory, Ford engines get Champ Labs (labeled FoMoCo) oil filters.

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
This filter did not tear in use.

It blew a hole through the media during use, no difference as it's still a failure and a path for dirty oil to get by the media. Actually, a blown out missing chunk of media that went down stream could cause more issues than a tear in the media.

Originally Posted by Linctex

But WHY?

There's no reason, or logic, to decision like that - *IF* you are aware there is a problem.

You ask WHY? Because I want to.
Honestly, I really don't think there is a problem. There are a lot of people out there that want their 5 minutes of fame.

Originally Posted by Linctex

But WHY?

You ask WHY? Because I want to.
Honestly, I really don't think there is a problem. There are a lot of people out there that want their 5 minutes of fame.

Totally agree

So the posted pictures of torn or voided filter media are what? Made up or from careless opening of the cans?

It would be the dictionary definition of irrationality to continue to use items that have a documented history of failure, just because you wish to make a point or are brand loyal due to previous employment. Or because you just like to troll Internet discussion boards with with contrary posts to generate a buzz.

Which is it? The pictures are fake or self-induced or the posters are irrational to the point of nonsense? It has to be one or the other.

Originally Posted by kschachn
It would be the dictionary definition of irrationality to continue to use items that have a documented history of failure...

Which is it? The pictures are fake or self-induced or the posters are irrational to the point of nonsense? It has to be one or the other.

I'm leaning towards the latter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back