York Compressor comes with PAG only

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm needing to fully flush the PAG oil that comes with York compressors.

What I've traditionally done is simply drain, fill with mineral oil, shake around, attach a drill to the compressor, turn it over for a few seconds at high rpm, flush the input/output ports with mineral oil, and repeat several times.

However, when I've torn apart the systems, there's always residue of two oils in the lines.

Also, I don't want to have to tear apart the compressors to flush with a solvent to let them dry.

Is there a flush that anyone can recommend that won't leave a residue, jack up the piston rings, etc, for an R12 system?

Last edited:
Why not use alcohol to flush the system? Pump it in and out of the condenser/evaporator and lines? Then covert the whole system to PAG oil? When we flush our Hydrogen monitoring systems on our generators during maintenance outages we use about 20 gallons and just pump it in and out after circulating it for a day. I suppose you could just flush the compressor but alcohol isn't much of a lubricant and you may damage it.

Use ester oil. Its compatible and mixes with any left over pag or mineral oil. If your really concerned put ester in it, shake it and pour it out. Capacity is only 10oz.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Beach_dude
Ester is only compatible with R134a, not R12.

There would still be a residue of ester in the system.

Wrong! Every r12 car I work on gets Ester. It even says its OK for r12 right on the bottle. Ester is what you use when retrofitting to r134a as its comparable with all pag, mineral oil and r12 or r134a refrigerants that may be left in the system.

Screenshot_20190616-174756.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back