Anyone got a Fireworks stash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, we have dogs that get freaked out by fireworks. Last year I found our 15 year old lab mix hiding in the bathtub behind the shower curtain during the neighborhood 4th of July fireworks show.

Last edited:
Can't buy fireworks that shoot into the air here in AZ.

A couple years ago I got some while on a road trip in Washington and Nevada
grin2.gif

I'm thinking I'll run up to Nevada in 2 weeks....

Couldn't find mine in the dark closet, so I lit a match.....

Oh am I in violation of posting a non-pertinent response?

SERIOUSLY: The single small cracker which went off in my hand as a child had a startlingly sobering effect.

No damage but I haven't touched them since. I wouldn't dream of denying anyone that same educational experience.

And total congrats to the St Louis Blues!

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Fireworks can blow your head off. Look at this Government video:

Yeah, if your head/hand happens to be made out of styrofoam. Regardless they're still dangerous, there's always many injuries reported each year around the 4th.

Even some NFL players have blown up bits of their hands and then couldn't play.

We load up the pontoon at our cabin and watch just about everyone else around the lake put on a display. July 4th basically turns into a war zone up north.

My little brother buys a few hundred dollars worth every year. I can't bring myself to drop that kind of money, so I just enjoy his show.

Nope, Mexican fireworks are to powerful and unpredictable the cannons here make a real M80 look like a snap cap. Plus the fuses are just cotton string coated with phosphorus so if two fuse rub together they ignite. We are going to DFW for the 4th I will take my daughter to see a real pro display in Addison. I won't risk her safety on home made paper hand grenades. Mexico has zero safety limits on what's in fireworks. Not worth it

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Gimpy1
Nope, Mexican fireworks are to powerful and unpredictable the cannons here make a real M80 look like a snap cap. Plus the fuses are just cotton string coated with phosphorus so if two fuse rub together they ignite. We are going to DFW for the 4th I will take my daughter to see a real pro display in Addison. I won't risk her safety on home made paper hand grenades. Mexico has zero safety limits on what's in fireworks. Not worth it

Even the pros screw it up sometimes. Every once in a while you hear of all the fireworks going off at once due to some accident while they're setting up for a show.

I should give in and give a few bucks to the neighbors who go all out on the 4th. I enjoy watching their show, so I should contribute. Otherwise we just stick with cheapo sparklers once in a while, would rather spend money on smores.

I don't mind watching the fireworks but I don't go out of my way to see them.

I have a hard time setting my money explosively on fire for instant gratification. I did get burned a bit as kid when brother would buy bottle rockets and shoot them at me and one ended up in shirt.

Be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back