Sounds like your in Hyundai's severe service with short trip, which is 3,750 miles.
Regular service is 7,500 miles.
Any one item on this list puts you in the severe service category according to the owners manual:
- Repeated short distance driving.
- Driving in dusty conditions or sandy areas.
- Extensive use of brakes.
- Driving in areas where salt or other corrosive materials are being used.
- Driving on rough or muddy roads.
- Driving in mountainous areas.
- Extended periods of idling or low speed operation.
- Driving for a prolonged period in cold temperatures and/or extremely humid climates.
- More than 50% driving in heavy city traffic during
IMO, 3,750 miles is too short for any modern oil, especially a synthetic oil (except maybe a turbo DI engine with known dilution issues).
5,000 miles is what I do for almost any Hyundai that is not a longer distance commuter vehicle.
Hyundai only has a "dumb" OLM, goes by mileage (that can be set by owner in many of their vehicles).