Carfax reveals cursed vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
This 2016 Mazda6 has 46,000 miles on it. Appropriately there are three sixes in that string of numbers because it appears cursed. The Carfax for it reveals six damage events including five collisions, two of which were severe enough to deploy the airbags.

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?vin=JM1GJ1U55G1449976&partner=CAA_0

I'm thinking this one might be hard to sell unless they find someone who doesn't read the report.

Originally Posted by fdcg27
Dupe reports recorded of these events?

I wondered about that, especially since two of them were just a couple of months apart.

Some of those entries don't make sense.
It gets into a collision and a few days later it's in for dealer service and then again in a couple weeks?

I had a bad luck vehicle. Over my 2 years of ownership of a red '78 Ford Fiesta pretty much every panel was damaged somehow, including the hood (someone sat on it at a sporting event and dented it) and the lift-gate (shot with a pellet gun or .22 while parked at a hospital - presumably by a long range shot that just missed the large back window). The plastic end of the front bumper was heavily abraded and almost torn off while the car was parked at a shopping centre. One of the interior door handles broke off, one of the window cranks broke, the heater slide switches broke, and the plastic insides of both radio knobs broke.

I suspect the interior plastic parts had never been tested in very cold weather.

But it kept going and even sold for a good price, so all was not lost. And the bad luck string ended when the car was sold.

[quote:dippschtick]: Somebody needs to stop driving.

You aren't kidding!

About 6 yrs ago, my daughter got rear ended by a young girl who was not paying attention or texting!
When young girl got out of her car, she cried to my daughter, "my father is going to kill me!"
Turns out that this was the girls 4th accident(at her fault) that month.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Char Baby
About 6 yrs ago, my daughter got rear ended by a young girl not paying attention or texting!
When young girl got out of her car, she cried to my daughter, "my father is going to kill me!"

Seeing how he didn't stop her at two, he's not going to do it now.

Stern words, young lady, stern words!

Originally Posted by ecotourist
I had a bad luck vehicle. Over my 2 years of ownership of a red '78 Ford Fiesta pretty much every panel was damaged somehow, including the hood (someone sat on it at a sporting event and dented it) and the lift-gate (shot with a pellet gun or .22 while parked at a hospital - presumably by a long range shot that just missed the large back window). The plastic end of the front bumper was heavily abraded and almost torn off while the car was parked at a shopping centre. One of the interior door handles broke off, one of the window cranks broke, the heater slide switches broke, and the plastic insides of both radio knobs broke.

I suspect the interior plastic parts had never been tested in very cold weather.

But it kept going and even sold for a good price, so all was not lost. And the bad luck string ended when the car was sold.
You can't blame the broken Fiesta parts on bad luck-my brother had an '80, pieces practically fell off driving it!

This one looks like it may have just been a very irresponsible owner/driver - see later the vehicle was repossessed. I'm thinking the car being at the dealer immediately after accidents is that maybe that particular dealer had a body shop and the owner returned there.

An apartment I lived in years ago there was a resident who bought a nice pre-owned 4th gen Altima 2.5S. Over the course of about 10 months it would show up with new body damage pretty much weekly and by the 8 month mark there was not a single undamaged body panel and the car was ROUGH, it was not minor scuff damage it was smashed in body panels, broken lights, etc. The owner parked on the same level I did and I am pretty certain she was responsible for two times my Mazda 3 was hit in that garage where someone dragged their car down drivers rear door, across the wheel and rear bumper - no stopping just kept going until they were clear and no note left. One day leaving for work I saw her in the garage arguing with a police officer and it appeared at least 2 of her tires that I could see were flattened.......karma caught up to her. Lord only knows how many cars she banged up wherever she went.

Based on the front and rear accidents, you'd almost think that this Mazda was used in a swoop and squat insurance scam starring in lead car and rear-ending roles at different points until it was repo'd.

This reminds me of some questionable CPO cars I've seen that, while not having the accidents, make you question what's wrong with it or how was it abused...

Originally Posted by Elkins45
I'm thinking this one might be hard to sell unless they find someone who doesn't read the report.

If it's priced right it will sell just fine.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
ecotourist said:
You can't blame the broken Fiesta parts on bad luck-my brother had an '80, pieces practically fell off driving it!

Yet many people ooh and aah about what wonderful vehicles they were. Mine wasn't.

But as the autobody shop foreman at the local Ford dealer said (when defending his shop's work), "What do you expect when you buy a cheap car."

I had driven a small Ford rental car in Britain and really liked it. So I had high hopes for small Fords. That Fiesta was my first new car. And I have not bought another Ford since.

Originally Posted by dippschtick
Somebody needs to stop driving.

I know a young lady that wrecked (completely totaled) three nice Hyundai Sonatas in a little over a year
frown.gif

Originally Posted by pezzy669
Over the course of about 10 months it would show up with new body damage pretty much weekly and by the 8 month mark there was not a single undamaged body panel and the car was ROUGH, it was not minor scuff damage it was smashed in body panels, broken lights, etc.

I saw the same thing .... 1994 Explorer Eddie Bauer edition - - only 7,000 miles and all the glass was gone.

It was on an Indian reservation in Montana.

Originally Posted by dippschtick
Somebody needs to stop driving.

There's a TV show in Canada called Canada's Worst Driver where they select people nominated by friends or relatives and try to teach them to drive properly.

It's frightening to think these people are driving amongst us! Many of them will admit to having had dozens of accidents, often minor hit and runs, with occasional major accidents thrown in.

In one recent series a nurse who didn't pay attention while driving had dozens of accidents, and seemingly thought that was what happened to everyone (though we just didn't talk about it). They turned her into one of their best graduates ever over the course of 10 or 12 shows/intensive driving lessons. She just needed to pay attention and develop a few skills.

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by pezzy669
Over the course of about 10 months it would show up with new body damage pretty much weekly and by the 8 month mark there was not a single undamaged body panel and the car was ROUGH, it was not minor scuff damage it was smashed in body panels, broken lights, etc.

I saw the same thing .... 1994 Explorer Eddie Bauer edition - - only 7,000 miles and all the glass was gone.

It was on an Indian reservation in Montana.

I worked in far northern Wyoming for a few summers, about 10 miles from the Montana border and the Crow reservation. One night after supper, I hiked out to a rocky point around 9000 feet and watched a mother of a lightning storm moving across to the north.

A meeting the next day happened to be attended by several people from the Crow and Northern Cheyenne reservations. Many had lost car windows from the hail that came with that light show.

About 6 yrs ago, my daughter got rear ended by a young girl who was not paying attention or texting!

Sounds familiar. Back when people only talked on their phones while driving, a college girl hit my receiver hitch at a stop sign. She was on the phone by the time I stepped out, saying something like "Dad, it happened again!" My rubber hitch cover was damaged, but she was losing antifreeze.

Knew a girl in college with no peripheral vision and no habit to look anywhere but straight ahead. None of her cars lasted even a year, and then Daddy would buy her another one. He was no dummy, though, each one was older, cheaper and larger than the last.

[quote:dippschtick]: Somebody needs to stop driving.

You aren't kidding!

Obligatory woman driver comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back