2016 Shelby GT350R, 5.2L 5.7K, 1.4K on Motorcraft 5W50

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect that the aluminum spike I saw last time was from 5 track sessions at COTA in 100F+ temperatures. I probably should have changed the oil right after, but moved across the country and didn't have the space or tools. I ultimately ended up doing another ~1500 miles on the track oil. Curious to hear what the experts say.

The great news is that this engine doesn't consume much oil anymore. I found a few ounces in the AOS when I changed the oil, but the dipstick always read in the "don't add oil" range. Some folks are seeing their Voodoo engines consume a quart in 500 miles.

[Linked Image]

Nice result. I'm not surprised about the viscosity. People are not having great luck with 5W-20 oils doing track days....

That's not bad wear for heavy runs at the track on a very young engine. This is probably more severe break in than most engines see; so the wear rates make sense.

Color me jealous; love the flat crank high-rpm wail those engines make!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by DrivinWest
5 track sessions at COTA in 100F+ temperatures...... The great news is that this engine doesn't consume much oil anymore. Some folks are seeing their Voodoo engines consume a quart in 500 miles.

Sounds like other people need to hit the track more often!!!

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by DrivinWest
5 track sessions at COTA in 100F+ temperatures...... The great news is that this engine doesn't consume much oil anymore. Some folks are seeing their Voodoo engines consume a quart in 500 miles.

Sounds like other people need to hit the track more often!!!

I think there might be some truth to that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back