Look what I found on CL - 1980 Ford Fairmont EV

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/ctd/d/puyallup-1980-ford-fairmont-electric/6908646612.html

Affordable, only $50k
smile.gif

Just in case the ad will go down, the seller has a yt video
https://youtu.be/dIyTMPG8imc

That thing is a soggy, wet, moldy turd

Why is the transmission dipstick still in place???

Are they running that electric motor through the C4 trans? That would be a HORRIBLE design!

I couldn't watch the whole video. It was about like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard. Did anybody notice that there were twice as many "thumbs down" as "thumbs up" on the video?
I'd give him about $100 for the whole car...delivered. At about $10/battery, a guy could about break even on scrapping it.

Wow... just wow. I think all that rain rotted his brain as well. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that thing will be "for sale" for quite some time. Sure, it's pre-Tesla, but I'm willing to bet it accelerates more like a golf cart than any Tesla...

An old Fairmont that looks as though the conversion was a high school auto shop project for new Tesla money?
I'd imagine that this was one of twelve simply because the builder couldn't find any other buyers.
I wonder what kind of range this thing actually had?
Probably less than thirty miles and maybe less than twenty.

Originally Posted by Kira
"Serious inquiries only"

Does the AC work?

Were suspension and brake upgrades mentioned?

How long has seller been off his meds?

Sitting outside for too long, those floors are probably toast from sitting in the dirt. You can tell someone parked it and forgot about it, I'll bet that interior stinks.

You could probably get that money out of a museum if it were restored or in perfect original shape.

Picture #14... there's standing water on the rear seat floorboards.

The good news is that the floorboards are solid. The bad news is that they won't be for very much longer.

No disrespect meant for those that choose to use drugs, but in this case, that HAS to be the answer!
That or the seller is being forced to sell it and has knowingly priced it out of reality.

Again, rare doesn't mean valuable. I see that on Mercedes forums all the time, rare car, very few made with those options. Basically there are so many options and color combos and so few sold that each car could be one of a kind. Doesn't add to value though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back