Getting the the boat ready for summer holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent some time today getting the boat ready. I am keeping a 1993 Yamaha 115 HP outboard going. I changed the transom oil and decided to be proactive and change out the third of 3 relays. These old engines have 3 relays, one to start the engine and two to allow the power trip to lift and lower the engine. These relays tend to go in time. Typically they will work intermittently prior to failing all together With three relays less than a few years old, the motor is much more dependable. They're really quite easy to do. If you can do a spark plug you can do a relay. Here's a pic. What other maintenance items are you doing?

1A569EC2-8E68-4AD9-A5A0-3E77D6861387.jpeg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
GeorgeKaplan said:
Properly getting the boat ready for summer holidays begins in the fall.

This year in the Northcountry that's not really true. It's been so cold windy and nasty it's not much worth taking the boat out yet. Global warming my
06.gif

STOW YOUR GEAR: So I live right off one of the major state highways going from central CT to the CT shoreline.

Every May-June, the side of the highway is littered with life preservers, seat cushions, cooler lids, etc clearly from people who "just hooked up" and drove to the shore

Not really a maintenance item, but something to think about....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back