Filter type for New Holland TC24DA

Status
Not open for further replies.
2002 or 2003 New Holland Tractor
Just did the first oil change on it since 2013. (My father in law is not mechanically inclined)
Used 3 quarts of Shell Rotella T6 5w40 and an STP S3614

After I noticed how black the oil was and the install data written on the oil filter of 2013, I didn't have time to do much research on filter type.

Luckily, Autozone was actually able to look up the filter type for this particular tractor and they pulled up an STP S3614 which they had in stock.

Do I need to worry about anything using a regular oil filter meant for a car?

It fit perfectly and matched the size of the old one exactly.

The filter you used will be just fine. Great choice with the T6.

The oil will be that black again within an hour's runtime.
smile.gif

I have a TC45. Good little tractors with Shibaura engines!

You can use a Fram 3600 oil filter...

It's the same base and bypass as the 3614, but 5 inches long verses 3 and a half...

Look on RockAuto dot com for cheap filters, Wix 51516 or 51516XP are good solid choices..

Same size oil filter as my NH TC-30

I've only ever used auto filters for mine either a Motorcraft 910s or a Bosch 3330 which is a 3614 equivalent

I work on a lot of New Holland stuff, and I always step up to the longer 3600 length filters, "just because" I always have so many on hand.

That doesn't use a high volume oil pump (about 2- 3 GPM max) so the 3614 will work just fine.

It's a shame they are sourcing their tractors from LS now, instead of Shibaura

Thanks for the clarification guys. This might be the first diesel engine I've ever changed the oil in. I always heard from word of mouth that you can't go wrong with Rotella for diesel parts but all the ck4 and cj this and that certifications can be confusing. I'll probably use a Fram gold 3614 on the next change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back