End of the World. Whataburger sold to investment bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by sopususer
On a similar note about eight months ago the news broke here in NC that our beloved Bojangles chicken and bisquits had been sold to a New York company-the ultimate blasphemy. I can happily report that eight months later they had the good sense to leave things alone. Maybe Whataburger will meet the same happy fate.

As for me, "It's BO time!"

https://youtu.be/lHrdVbRXXOI

Almost exactly like Pace southwest sauce.

Several years ago, my wife and I ate at the What-a Burger in Gainesvile two times in one day: First time and last time. It's gone now.

I had IN N Out last night like I do most Fridays with my friends. Haven't been to a Whataburger but I do want to try it before I pass judgement. BTW one of my really good friends moved to Raleigh a few years ago so I make it a point to send her a picture of INO whenever I can.

IMG_5217.jpg

IMG_5218.jpg

We go on vacation to the gulf coast once a year. The first thing we do when we get there is eat at Whataburger. I hope they don't ruin it.

Last edited:
I have gotten off work many times 2 or 3 in the morning and the only food joint that is open is Whataburger. Almost everybody else is closed.

Originally Posted by clinebarger
It's only because your from or live in Texas that you have that outlook. I felt the same when Dickies got sold & they discontinued 36" waist/34" inseam EMT Cargo pants that I've worn for years.
That's not even that unusual of a size?!
Dairy Queen tried too hard to be "Texan", Though it was the closest restaurant to my house growing up & a popular hang out because they had Ice Cream & A/C!
I always wondered why their dishes included Texas toast here in Canada.

Originally Posted by E150GT
Yeah man. I bet the in and out crowd is all happy. I'm bummed.

In-N-Out Burger is gross in my opinion, My pallet just doesn't agree with it!! Whataburger is my favorite fast food/chain burger joint ....Though I always thought a thinner slice of cheese would be better, As the reason I order with no cheese.

Yeah because Texicans have a biased tastes everything from Texas is not better. At least Texas has decent cattle.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
I had IN N Out last night like I do most Fridays with my friends. Haven't been to a Whataburger but I do want to try it before I pass judgement. BTW one of my really good friends moved to Raleigh a few years ago so I make it a point to send her a picture of INO whenever I can.

I prefer animal style burgers. Whataburger is very good also I prefer their Patty melts.

I hate that WB sold to a northern conglomerate. A year from now you won't remember how good they were.
In out burger is a step up from MacDonald's but under DQ for my tastes.
Most burger joints seem to have pretty bland meat.
If you can find an old carhop type place still open give em a try.
We have a place from the 50s that has the best old fashioned burgers.
People raised on Big Macs don't know what a good burger is.

Originally Posted by Dallas69
If you can find an old carhop type place still open give em a try. We have a place from the 50s that has the best old fashioned burgers.
What is it named and where is it located (I assume in the Dallas area)?

Dallas on Ferguson and Oates
Called Dairyette
They have a few booths and stools at a counter if you want to go inside.
Or you can sit in your car under an awning and a carhop will serve you.
I think it opened in 1956.
A lot of memories come back as most of us old guys went to hangout at these places when we were young and bullet proof.
I forgot about it until a few years ago and now my wife and I go a few times a month.
Not fancy but good food.
Killer onion rings.

Originally Posted by dave1251

In-N-Out Burger is gross in my opinion, My pallet just doesn't agree with it!! Whataburger is my favorite fast food/chain burger joint ....Though I always thought a thinner slice of cheese would be better, As the reason I order with no cheese.

Yeah because Texicans have a biased tastes everything from Texas is not better. At least Texas has decent cattle.

People here seem to love In-N-Out, I don't think I've ever seen a chain open so many locations in such a short period of time! I'd never even heard of In-N-Out 'til 6-7 years ago.

To your point.....Yes, I have a biased taste in food! I love Mesquite smoked brisket, Tex-Mex, Schlotzsky's etc etc......If any of you guys are ever in Fort Worth.....Try Carshon's Deli, Probably one of the oldest restaurants in town! They do not accept Credit Cards (Cash or Check only)

Originally Posted by dave1251

People here seem to love In-N-Out, I don't think I've ever seen a chain open so many locations in such a short period of time! I'd never even heard of In-N-Out 'til 6-7 years ago.

To your point.....Yes, I have a biased taste in food! I love Mesquite smoked brisket, Tex-Mex, Schlotzsky's etc etc......If any of you guys are ever in Fort Worth.....Try Carshon's Deli, Probably one of the oldest restaurants in town! They do not accept Credit Cards (Cash or Check only)

Five Guys exploded when I was a kid in Florida. I was like woah

I had wished Warren Buffet would had bought it. He leaves the current management alone and who had complementary to his Diary Queen units.

Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis

Five Guys exploded when I was a kid in Florida. I was like woah

They cost a LOT and their fries do not taste correct. Last time I was in there they also totally made me the wrong burger (not what I asked for) but I was in a rush and did not much care. That was the fault of that individual franchise, however never been a fan of Five Guys. Servicemen on base seem to love them. Never seen a servicewoman in there, oddly.

As to the End Of The World, I feel fine.

You can be sure there will be changes! No "investment" company will be happy with a steady stream of profit. They want returns.

There is one chain out there that needs changes, Pizza Hut.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PimTac
BDT is the new owner. They also own majority shares of Panera Bread, Peets Coffee, Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Donuts among others.

They've ruined Dunkin Donuts!

Worst thing they did was to make the donuts at a central location ...the quality of the donuts are horrible now, they taste stale, and they are as expensive as heck.
Good think they removed the "donuts" from the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back