Tire buying in 5min Sam’s Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 min App

It takes 5min just to watch the Hunter Force matching video. How do you reduce a 30 minute $500-$1000 tire buying decision into 5minutes?

Today's consumer cannot spend weeks reading boring TireRack reviews and track result. Most people just don't care.

Last edited:
How to buy the most expensive tire in 5 minutes or less- GUARANTEED
One of my jobs at Walmart is to write tire tickets. It takes me around a minute. The only thing I ask is your size and what is most important to you. Who ever takes 5+ minutes to write up a order is just being lazzzy or doesn't know what they are doing. I also have a sams club membership, its sad to me when Walmart beats Sams in pricing most of the time. My local Sams club is a joke automotive wise.

Originally Posted by Patrick0525
5 min App

It takes 5min just to watch the Hunter Force matching video. How do you reduce a 30 minute $500-$1000 tire buying decision into 5minutes?

Today's consumer cannot spend weeks reading boring TireRack reviews and track result. Most people just don't care.

Easy. They look for the cheapest tires of a given size
19.gif
45.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Originally Posted by Patrick0525
5 min App

Easy. They look for the cheapest tires of a given size
19.gif
45.gif

OR-they buy what came on it when they purchased it if they are happy with what ever is important to them-with the existing tires.

I've spent hours reading tire reviews and spent zero time just telling the tire guy what I wanted and having him recommend a nicely priced tire for me. I don't notice any difference between the best rated tires and whatever Kuhmo or Cooper or whatever tire I get without doing any research.

Originally Posted by Leo99
I've spent hours reading tire reviews and spent zero time just telling the tire guy what I wanted and having him recommend a nicely priced tire for me. I don't notice any difference between the best rated tires and whatever Kuhmo or Cooper or whatever tire I get without doing any research.

You would be the .5% of the customers I deal with on a daily basis. Every other full moon a customer actually did some research.

I'm looking at replacing a set of Michelins in about a year, and am tired of shelling out about 900 bucks for a new set. So, when I get bored, I research tires and read reviews. I'll be loaded for bear when it's time to tire up again. I buy my tires on the Internet. Have never found a local source that could match the online prices I can find.

I'll just call my local Town Fair Tire and order up a set of General Altimax RT 43 all seasons for the my LE when the time comes. The SE has dedicated set of snows. Prob'ly just buy a General summer tire for it. Buying tires and getting them put on the car right the first time, is kinda important. Camrys aren't tire eaters. My hooning days are over with. I got 40mpg on a 30 mile trip the other day. Thats my new thrill
grin2.gif

... How to buy the most expensive tire in 5 minutes or less- GUARANTEED ….
The cynic in me says this could be the way it works. Otoh, I'd like to believe otherwise. I'd imagine several price point choices would be listed.

Seems like a good marketing tactic that may help speed things along for the salesperson and customer. This would be for someone with little or no idea of what tire they want when they hit Sam's. For most Bitogers, not applicable. I know what I want before I go to DT and I know the approximate price I'm willing to pay, so something like this wouldn't be useful. But for the average joe, depending on how the "algorithm" is set up, could be an aid.

The sad thing is-most Wal-Mart and Sam's tires don't seem to measure up to what is available at DT or other tire retailers. Pretty much every tire set I've bought from WM/Sam's has not lasted very long. Including General, Goodyear, Douglas tires. The only Sam's Club tire I had good luck with was the BFG Commercial T/A (now A/S 2)-Sam's is $46 more @$179 vs. $133 online. I haven't has a Sam's membership since before they closed 1/2 the stores here in Cincinnati.

I've never seen more than 2 choices in any tire size at any of these big box stores. This does not include snow tires.

Any time wasted would be the "time stall" customers exhibit. That's the time between when they see the total price and when they say, "OK, I'll take it".

The claim that this in-house app will return "hundreds of thousands of hours to members" is a little puffed up.

Also SOUR NOTE WARNING: There's no doubt in my mind that tire manufacturers know when they're making tires for discount stores and adjust their QA/QC accordingly.

bullwinkle said:
The sad thing is-most Wal-Mart and Sam's tires don't seem to measure up to what is available at DT or other tire retailers. Pretty much every tire set I've bought from WM/Sam's has not lasted very long. Including General, Goodyear, Douglas tires. The only Sam's Club tire I had good luck with was the BFG Commercial T/A (now A/S 2)-Sam's is $46 more @$179 vs. $133 online. I haven't has a Sam's membership since before they closed 1/2 the stores here in Cincinnati.[/quote

You haven't been on Walmarts website then. There are a hundreds of tires available.

bullwinkle said:
The sad thing is-most Wal-Mart and Sam's tires don't seem to measure up to what is available at DT or other tire retailers. Pretty much every tire set I've bought from WM/Sam's has not lasted very long. Including General, Goodyear, Douglas tires. The only Sam's Club tire I had good luck with was the BFG Commercial T/A (now A/S 2)-Sam's is $46 more @$179 vs. $133 online. I haven't has a Sam's membership since before they closed 1/2 the stores here in Cincinnati.[/quote

You haven't been on Walmarts website then. There are a hundreds of tires available.

If you're too lazy to spend 30 minutes to an hour on a 500-1000 decision, you deserve what ever you get.

SOUR NOTE WARNING: I'm so sick of apps, everyone has a stupid app... no I don't need an app to order fast food ...

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
If you're too lazy to spend 30 minutes to an hour on a 500-1000 decision, you deserve what ever you get.

SOUR NOTE WARNING: I'm so sick of apps, everyone has a stupid app... no I don't need an app to order fast food ...

I agree. Unless u are a car enthusiasts many of my millennial colleagues cannot be bothered and believe the app can make a better decision than their own research.

Very easy to choose tires now, and to get a good deal.
If one isn't willing to spend 30 mins to select tires that they are gonna run for 5 years or so and their lives depend on, then I don't feel sorry for them.

If one isn't willing to spend time on research, then you go to something like this:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=HAS

look at tires with all green boxes and above ones with yellow, look at prices for those 2-6 or so tires in your size. Select tires based on price and treadwear number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back