Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W20 and WSS-M2C945-B1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all - I just bought some Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W20 from Amazon, and noticed a bit of a discrepancy. On Amazon'z site, the picture of the bottle shows it meets WSS-M2C945-B1, however the two 5QT bottles I received have the older WSS-M2C945-A specification. To further complicate things, the text description on both Amazon and Pennzoil's own website show WSS-M2C945-A.

I've sent Pennzoil an email (will be impressed if a big company actually answers) but wanted to see if anyone here had insight. I suspect oils that meet SN Plus wouldn't reformulate for WSS-M2C945-B1, but I am having trouble finding much information on it.

Edit: Reason I even care is my car's owners manual dictates WSS-M2C945-B1, hence I want to be somewhat careful.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by climhazzard
I just bought some Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W20 from Amazon,........., hence I want to be somewhat careful.

Run this oil with confidence.

Don't get wound up about the semantics of the labeling, it will protect your 2019 Mustang wonderfully.

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by climhazzard
I just bought some Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W20 from Amazon,........., hence I want to be somewhat careful.

Run this oil with confidence.

Don't get wound up about the semantics of the labeling, it will protect your 2019 Mustang wonderfully.

+1

My concern is more so around warranty as there's been reports of issues with the third gen 5.0 (likely overblown).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back