2015 Dodge Journey 4 cyl. hiccups and throttle light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Sometimes when I'm driving, it feels like my car hiccups or stutters, like no power is being produced for not even a half a second. This comes and goes and it's usually when I apply some throttle. The other say a red lightning bolt symbol popped up and disappeared. This also deactivated the traction control and could not be activated with the button until the car was restarted.
The hits keep on coming and I dont have a lot of cash to bring it to a mechanic.
What causes this, and what can be done? Is there a relearn procedure, or a simple sensor that can be replaced?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Possibly a coil pack or plug/wire issue. You need to see if there are any codes stored. Stop by Advanced/pepboys/Kragens etc and have them read any stored codes for a road map. If you are lucky it will say misfire cylinder #3 or something like it. Cam/crank sensors are another common issue. Won't be able to tell until you get a scan. How many miles?

Last edited:
Bad throttle body.

My moms 12' Jeep Patriot 2.0L (similar engine) did the same thing, red lightning bolt, then was ok. Took it to the dealer and the extended warranty covered a new throttle body.

All is well now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back