Woolwax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody used Woolwax? I'm on a mailing list for an online Fluid Film distributor and it looks like they have been pushing this pretty hard, including some decent promotions. Currently I use fluid film for most of my automotive rust prevention and it seems to work quite well- so long as you keep up the annual-ish applications. My 2011 doesn't have any real rust to speak of anyways (though I did notice a bubble under on of the lower door latches finally!).

Any reason to switch to woolwax? Sounds like it *might* be a heavier viscocity.... but will it be compatible with the existing fluid film dirt/oil mess? Is it a better product to start using?

Originally Posted by rubberchicken
Natural lanolin comes from wool - is this some play on words because lanolin is the main ingredient ?

Yes

What's the specific product in question? Fluid film is already largely wool wax.

FLUID FILM® is formulated from specially processed wool-wax, highly refined petroleum oils and selected agents to provide corrosion control, penetration, metal wetting and water displacement.

https://www.fluid-film.com/products/

Last edited:
Originally Posted by buck91
Has anybody used Woolwax? I'm on a mailing list for an online Fluid Film distributor and it looks like they have been pushing this pretty hard, including some decent promotions. Currently I use fluid film for most of my automotive rust prevention and it seems to work quite well- so long as you keep up the annual-ish applications. My 2011 doesn't have any real rust to speak of anyways (though I did notice a bubble under on of the lower door latches finally!).

Any reason to switch to woolwax? Sounds like it *might* be a heavier viscocity.... but will it be compatible with the existing fluid film dirt/oil mess? Is it a better product to start using?

I live in the midwest rust belt, I tried Fluid Film last fall and on a 7 ear old SUV. Cleaned, wrire brushed any rust spots and coated it with Fluid Film, worked great. There were only a few spots I had to touch up this week after the long winter. Could not recommend it more. Stay away from the spray on, permanent coatings if you have a used car, they will trap the salt and moisture and rot the frame or unibody from the inside out.

Have not heard of WoolWax, I assume it is the similar product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back