End of the World. Whataburger sold to investment bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whataburger has been sold to a Chicago investment bank. I guess nothing is sacred anymore. We are doomed!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you may just be Donnie Darko, you may be doomed, but the world will go on.

It's only because your from or live in Texas that you have that outlook. I felt the same when Dickies got sold & they discontinued 36" waist/34" inseam EMT Cargo pants that I've worn for years.

I hope they do not ruin Whataburger. One of my favorites. The first thing my son does when he crosses the state line on the way home, is eat a Whataburger.

Lol they keep posting things on Facebook about how they wont change a thing.

I like whataburger, I'm from Florida but now reside in Texas, we had one as a kid in a nearby town in Florida, tasted nothing like it does here, probably why it shut down soon after opening.

Originally Posted by E150GT
Yeah man. I bet the in and out crowd is all happy. I'm bummed.

In-N-Out Burger is gross in my opinion, My pallet just doesn't agree with it!! Whataburger is my favorite fast food/chain burger joint ....Though I always thought a thinner slice of cheese would be better, As the reason I order with no cheese.

I wish they where up here in Kansas. I've only ate there a couple times when I was down in Texas. From my couple experiences I would go again, and again, and again.

Originally Posted by clinebarger
It's only because your from or live in Texas that you have that outlook. I felt the same when Dickies got sold & they discontinued 36" waist/34" inseam EMT Cargo pants that I've worn for years.

You and I wear the same size pants.

I sent you a PM, never heard back....

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I prefer Dairy Queen to Whataburger.

Dairy Queen tried too hard to be "Texan", Though it was the closest restaurant to my house growing up & a popular hang out because they had Ice Cream & A/C!

What about Steak N Shake? Smallest fries in the world.

I felt the same when Dickies got sold & they discontinued 36" waist/34" inseam EMT Cargo pants that I've worn for years.

Those are good, do they still make 36x32 or 36x36?

Aren't they the franchise that somewhat recently came out with the "realistic" veggie burger? I believe it uses something from peas to get the beef flavor.

Originally Posted by dlundblad
Aren't they the franchise that somewhat recently came out with the "realistic" veggie burger? I believe it uses something from peas to get the beef flavor.

Yes, last year they introduced the Veggie Melt, no idea how this worked out for them.

On a similar note about eight months ago the news broke here in NC that our beloved Bojangles chicken and bisquits had been sold to a New York company-the ultimate blasphemy. I can happily report that eight months later they had the good sense to leave things alone. Maybe Whataburger will meet the same happy fate.

As for me, "It's BO time!"

https://youtu.be/lHrdVbRXXOI

BDT is the new owner. They also own majority shares of Panera Bread, Peets Coffee, Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Donuts among others.

As long as my #5 stays the same things will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back