Longer Sleeved Short Sleeve Shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want short sleeved shirts with longer sleeves. Any brands you recommend? Nice shirts for jeans and khakis.

Most of my SS shirts have really short sleeves.
21.gif

As far as plain white t shirts I like the Stratford heavy weight at JCPENNEY . I'm real picky when it comes to t shirts and underwear .

Roundtree & Yorke makes nice sleeves on shirts
They're at dillards

Surprisingly enough, the George brand at Walmart has some nice tshirts with long sleeves for <4$ in many colors.

So GumbyJarvis, are their dress shirt short sleeves longer than normal short sleeves?

Originally Posted by Gebo
So GumbyJarvis, are their dress shirt short sleeves longer than normal short sleeves?

In my experience, yes. I wear an XLT as I am 6ft 1 with only 30 inch legs. Sometimes tall sizes have longer sleeves, so if you can go and try them on, do it.

If they're dress shirts, regardless of if you need a tall size, I recommend getting a tall, they stay tucked way better.

Oh and I forgot, Duluth has nice sleeves too

Last edited:
Originally Posted by sloinker
Duluth shirts tend to run large...just a little heads up.

That is correct, they do run a tad larger (similar to how dickies button up workshirts run slightly larger)

The armpits in most Duluth button up shirts are sewn in sort of a Y shape, with an extra fabric for more flex in the armpit area, saves you from busting a sleeve in the armpit in my experience.

Ralph Lauren Polo short sleeve button downs have sleeve that go all the way to the elbow. You can get good deals on them at the Ralph Lauren outlets.

if you get a Tall (ie:XLT, etc) generally the sleeves will be proportionally longer along with the "tail" of the shirt.

it is a great "hack" for keeping my Middle covered, but the sleeves can be too long for my short limbs...

Duluth trading makes some great clothes. Their prices are high but sign up for their emails and buy when they have sales, which is all the time. Like others have said they do run a little big so error on the smaller side.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Think it would look silly, like you bought 2 sizes too big.

Yep, I think this is an age thing.

OP, how old are you?

Imo,short sleeve button downs are for casual wear only with shorts. They look silly with slacks and tie. Dress should be long sleeve only.

Originally Posted by P10crew
Carhart
I have a closet full

Have some Carhart, solid made … mostly winter thickness.

Summer I wear my newer shirts (link) to travel and do casual things - and when they get old or stained - well they are fishing shirts

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/magellan-outdoors%E2%84%A2-mens-laguna-madre-solid-long-sleeve-fishing-shirt

Hollister button downs are what I wear when I go casual (tight fit). Ralph Lauren button downs are what I wear for dress (loose fit). Two totally different styles for different occasions.

Originally Posted by john_pifer
Originally Posted by atikovi
Think it would look silly, like you bought 2 sizes too big.

Yep, I think this is an age thing.

OP, how old are you?

60+

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Imo,short sleeve button downs are for casual wear only with shorts. They look silly with slacks and tie. Dress should be long sleeve only.

I completely agree with the last 2 sentences but I do wear really nice button downs with jeans
grin.gif

I wear long sleeves only with suit and tie.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Hollister button downs are what I wear when I go casual (tight fit). Ralph Lauren button downs are what I wear for dress (loose fit). Two totally different styles for different occasions.

My son and son-in-law wear those tight fitting shirts and skinny leg pants. I can't do it. To me it looks goofy and too tight. I'm more of a traditional fit Allen Edmonds Park Avenue and McAllister king of guy.

Just looking for loose fitting longer sleeved short sleeved shirts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back