Interstate batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I do put them back where they belong. It is just what should be done. No sense in being a moron not putting things back.

Originally Posted by bbhero
The Wally World near me actually does put new ones behind the older ones... So I know to dig to the back for a newest battery. Then I put all the other ones back like one should.

That is what I did. No doubt, somewhere, someone's Walmart will have an employee questioning them on what they are doing. A simple explanation should suffice.. you want the newest battery, is there a problem? No, there is not. Some stores have real kids working there, don't understand basic things.

I did not know Walmart also had a Johnson Controls vs Exide thing going on. Of course, I too have heard the information that Johnson Controls is "better." Bosch is supposed to be Exide.. well, this time, I simply selected the newest batteries. They must have gotten them in no more than a few days before, if not the day before. I got the same month. Later, before May turned to June, there were exactly four left.. two of each kind in the ones I was looking at. There were seven or eight when I bought mine and confirmed I got the newest one in the visually best condition, a perfect battery. This time, I am not paying attention to the brand etc, and keeping it on my smart charger until which time as my car goes back into service. In the meantime, I am using my other vehicles and I prefer my truck.

This battery, the one that cost $48 and I believe they took the old one (that was a Johnson Controls and had a bulge and likely a shorted cell, voltmeter numbers should not jump when connected) for the core charge. This one is being kept in the maximum state of charge, is presently on the 13.6V Float charge until it goes into Monitor mode which is the 2nd green light, and should be in perfect shape when it is time to use it. Might throw on even a pulse thing for when my car really gets back in service. People think it is unnecessary but even Tesla speaks to batteries being living things that need a continuous flow of electrons, and this battery should last a very long time. I can see that.

Originally Posted by daz
Well, the walmart site says there are only 2 batteries to fit my 04 accord and the cheaper one is $120.

Check the 26R for under $50. Not the exact replacement but at that price I'd MAKE it fit. Measure the battery box dimensions plus height and compare to the actual battery in the store.

^^^^^^^^

This is a really good idea. A 26r would just about guarantee to fit... Height is the same or less than 51r.. No problem there. Width should not be an issue because a group 35 typically fits in Honda's that originally spec a 51r... So a 26r will be just fine. Polarity is obviously the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back