Pictures of mos2 needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any pics of mos2 in use here? As in something tore down and a film was on the equipment? thanks in advance

Do you mean .....

"what do parts look like after being run with an oil that has a lot of molybdenum disulfide additive in it?"

More specifically, parts after using powdered moly in suspension, lubro moly m0s2 as in the third party additive. thanks

They exist somewhere, I've seen them 15 years ago, just can't remember where they are, or even if BITOGers would know.

maybe this is it, dunno still looking..

th

Originally Posted by burla
parts after using powdered moly in suspension....

Isn't that a misnomer?

Powdered moly is well known for falling out of suspension

Trav posted pics a few years ago about how it collected and remained in the bottom of the sump in a vehicle that sat for long periods of time. Even after running the engine before dropping the oil pan some of it was sitting in the bottom of the pan. Bottom line is, in time it falls out of suspension, and doesn't get mixed back in.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
Trav posted pics a few years ago about how it collected and remained in the bottom of the sump in a vehicle that sat for long periods of time. Even after running the engine before dropping the oil pan some of it was sitting in the bottom of the pan. Bottom line is, in time it falls out of suspension, and doesn't get mixed back in.

But most of it probably has plated to the metal already so it really doesn't matter some of it sunk. They were saying it takes 8 days for it to sink to the bottom in a stationary vehicle. I would still say most would get mixed back in the oil on start up. Someone on here messaged liquid moly and the tech said the same thing about it saying it doesn't sink and sit on the bottom. So I do believe a reputable company.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back