Water filter pitcher?

I have the Zero Water fridge dispenser. Use it only for water to make my coffee. When I drink water, I just drink out of the tap because it's easier and I figure the fluoride is good for my teeth. There is a slight taste to my tap water but it doesn't bother me.

The Zero Water came with a TDS meter that works on the principle of electrical resistance. Shows about 120 ppm in my tap water; 0 after it goes through the Zero Water. The water that comes out of the Zero Water does taste good. Even has a slightly sweet taste to me.

The filters last me a long time. Several months before they reach the threshold where it's recommended that they be replaced (6 ppm as measured on the TDS meter).

Ditched our Brita almost a decade ago in favour for an RO system. Filters are cheap and the RO membrane I get 5 years out of before it needs replacement.
We pull a lot of water through the system for cooking / drinking.

I would never go back to a Brita again as the taste is superior with RO, my in-laws continue to use Brita and I can taste the difference. It's awful in comparison.

I have my tank for the RO unit in the basement so the water stays fairly cool which is enough for us not to need to refrigerate it.
I second the RO system suggestion. Some systems are under $200 and will pay for themselves if you are using other filtering devices. Plus, the water is so clean you can use it to mix coolant, top off your battery, make coffee and never have to clean your coffee maker, fill your steam iron and never have to clean it, use an ultrasonic humidifier with no white dust, etc. And, the installation is certainly within the capabilities of many on this forum. I've had my system for over twenty years. It's a big reason my kids grew up drinking water instead of soda or juice. Just about all bottles waters that are not labeled "spring water" are made using reverse osmosis.

Back