Aging vinyl

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an extang trifecta tonneau cover on my F150 which is probably 9 years old. It's really held up great for a year round daily driver that's outside 24/7. Even has held up to cold weather opening/folding. At this point the vinyl is starting to show its age.

Any suggestions on a vinyl conditioner to help prevent further cracking? It's still useable but I'd like to squeak out the longest service life I can. Also, I noticed the webbing on the clips by the front (to hold it folded open) has deteriorated over the years. Not sure if it's dry rot or UV damage.

Historically I've ised mostly meguiars m40 vinyl cleaner and protectant. Seems to work well on other vinyl. Is there something better for this application?

Mothers VLR seems to work well.
smile.gif

I have to go with 303. I found out about it about 5 years ago. I tried other things from mothers, megs, chemical guys, and a few others. Have not found one I like as much as I like 303.

Originally Posted by Env1ous
I have to go with 303. I found out about it about 5 years ago. I tried other things from mothers, megs, chemical guys, and a few others. Have not found one I like as much as I like 303.

+1 on Aerospace 303. That stuff is awesome my GTO is 14 years old and was parked outside in the Texas sun and here in Mexico City where the UV is very strong due to the altitude and my dash looks brand new. Don't buy the spray bottles, buy the gallon container and use a quality hand sprayer, some folks don't like it but I believe that they don't apply it properly, read and follow the instructions and your stuff will look great for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back