Meguiars Waxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of the gold class and ultimate wax which is better in your opinion? And also I'll be doing it by hand is liquid or paste better thanks?

Better in what way? Durability, ease of application, or looks?

Durability:

Ultimate Paste
Ultimate Liquid
Gold Class Paste
Gold Class Liquid

Looks:

Gold Class Paste
Gold Class Liquid
Ultimate Paste
Ultimate Liquid

Ease of application:

They're all about the same as long as you don't apply them too heavy. Buttery smooth on and off.

I used the Ultimate Liquid when I bought my new 2018 Hyundai Kona AWD 1.6T exactly 1 year ago and it STILL beads water very very well after all the car washes up here in salt country of the suburbs of Minneapolis. Surprising since the car washes use alkaline to clean your car. I just last week I clay barred my car and used Meguires Hybrid Ceramic Spray ( shake every spray) after seeing this test. I want "easy" and don't care/need the $$$ best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JBtP3iyMaM&t=1s

On the car wash the more important factor is how you do it. Using a two bucket method with grit guards and a good microfiber chenille wash pad or mitt.

For the wax, I personally find the liquid to be easier to apply. I can consistently get a nice thin layer applied versus the paste. On any LSP (Wax, sealant) I use a straight line method and crosshatch for coverage versus the traditional circular motion. Less swirls that way.

I've used the Gold Class liquid wax. It has a nice shine and beads water for many months on my cars that're parked outside. Main downside is it's a PITA to buff off when applied even in a little bit of sunlight.

Try the FK1000 Finish Kare made by a Meguiars brother, not 3M. Way longer lasting under ALL conditions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back