New Alpine A110

Status
Not open for further replies.
I consider myself a European car fan, but somehow missed the reintroduction of the Alpine brand. Between our excessive and somewhat silly auto regs and other hurdles of entering the NA market, unfortunately we wont be able to own one here for at least 23 years though. Seems like a great car. I did drive an older one very briefly and it sure was fun. May need to do some searching to line up a ride before my next trip to the Continent.

Wish it was available in a manual and MFD delete, but they are the new normal.

Any of the BITOG European contingent have the pleasure of driving one?

Alpine A110

Awesome...

I've seen on the Oz market a proper group B era R5 turbo...$100k
Clio V-6 $120 K
and a handful of the older A110s...that I could nearly justify...

Oh, and nearly got my hands on a Dauphine Gordini

Originally Posted by Shannow
Awesome...

I've seen on the Oz market a proper group B era R5 turbo...$100k
Clio V-6 $120 K
and a handful of the older A110s...that I could nearly justify...

Oh, and nearly got my hands on a Dauphine Gordini

Yeah, the R5's are here but crazy $$. Clio's aren't US importable yet... I'd try hard to justify an older 110.

I didn't know they were in production again either, the last one I saw new was in the early 90's at a Renault dealer. The only one I ever drove was the R5 mid engine.

Originally Posted by Linctex
Who builds the engines and transmissions for them?

Renault engine jointly developed w/ Nissan, Alpine is a Renault brand.

I have to admit I have never heard of an Alpine and have never thought of Renault as a performance brand (Le Car, anyone?).
This looks like a really sweet ride!! Impressive power for the weight.

Alpine was the performance brand of Renault.

As much as I despise Renault, they sell a lot of cars, and my encounters with dealers have always been pleasant, be it to buy a new car (not for me) or for spare parts...not all brands can say the same here (Mitsubishi and Fiat I'm looking at you, and I tried several of your dealerships). They also try to make a few "different" models, like the Wind, or their electric cars, even if they don't sell that well...I guess selling a lot of "ordinary" cars help on the other hand.

I'm happy to see Alpine back, the last ones were somewhat not too enthusiastic back in the day with the PRV engine and a few electric/electronic issues. Haven't seen the new Alpine IRL yet, but sure do plan to! It looks perfectly adapted to French roads and current traffic regulations ðŸ‘

Saw the title and thought of Alpine car stereo.
lol.gif

Back in the day, Alpine was to Renault what Abarth was to Fiat.
Some wild looking cars that used modded production drivetrains as well as some performance enhanced versions of the ordinary cars.
When we here in the US were going through big-block mania, these European tuners were demonstrating that light weight combined with some tuning could result in a really fast road car.
Not a quarter mile champ, but a car that could be driven quickly on real roads with real corners.
Nice to see that Renault is reviving the spirit along with the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back