Bring on the fire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Air-4.jpg

Originally Posted by sloinker
They compared a sample of the Amsoil signature series to PP and M1 and it contained more grasshopper legs and fly thoraxes by 17% over the other two brands, proving its superiority.

lol.gif

Originally Posted by Chris142
You don't want a detergent oil in an oil bath filter. You want the junk to fall to the bottom. Not stay in suspension in the oil.

It still does, anyway.

Used motor oil works great in an oil bath. I don't waste good oil on these things.

A little detergent in the oil helps keeps the metal mesh, clean, too.
You want that "matrix" to get cleansed off from time to time - - I have seen some reallllllly gunked up ones.

Originally Posted by Chris142
You don't want a detergent oil in an oil bath filter. You want the junk to fall to the bottom. Not stay in suspension in the oil.

As an owner of several older ag tractors that have oil bath air filters, the latest an Oliver 70 (Google it for pix), I don't think it matters one way or another, as long as it's cheap.
Besides, aren't you having one heck of a time finding non-detergent oil in Kali?

Originally Posted by Gebo
Like an' old VW Beetle?

Yep, Owner's Manual for my 1968 Beetle said: At each engine oil change, rinse the air filter element (a steel wool like mesh in the filter's body) with kerosene and let drip dry. Replace the air filter's oil bath with your old drained engine oil. Fill to the top line. Then return the top assembly (the one with the steel wool) to the bottom housing.

Since the oil's only function was to catch dirt in the air intake, I never replaced with the old engine oil unless I saw a lot of sand and muck already captured in the swill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back