Quality Belts (ones that hold up pants)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Armor Belts or Beltman.

These will be 20 year belts and if you CCW, they are suitable for that too, plus they also make daily wear belts but even their gun belts are very comfortable and wear well for everyday non-CCW use.

Nice assortment of buckles as well.

Last edited:
I picked up a leather mechanic's belt on Amazon for about $25. I will only buy this type from now on. There is no buckle as it uses velcro. I was skeptical before I wore but it holds quite well. Much more adjustment than a typical belt.

Go to Amazon and search for "Ratchet Belts"...been wearing a couple for years, and I will never go back to a conventional belt. When the leather wears out (mine still looks perfect) you can transfer the buckle to a new belt at reduced cost.

"Genuine Leather" moniker stamped on the belt is completely meaningless today. As mentioned already, seek top grain leather instead. The fashion industry or whatever sector covers leather goods has taken the liberty of labeling as "Genuine Leather" cheapo products consisting of paper thin leather "veneer" bonded to a substrate carrier that provides the strength and load carrying ability.

Why? Because they can, apparently.

I recently bought a brown belt at Men's Warehouse that was stamped "Genuine Leather." Within 10 days the truth was revealed: paper thin leather veneer had chipped off where belt contacts the buckle, revealing a light gray synthetic substrate of some type. Refunded it pronto.

I'm about a 35 at the belt line and as such neither a 34 or a 36 belt is ideal. Going to look into one of the new Slider Belts with the infinitely adjustable buckle and top grain leather.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
"Genuine Leather" moniker stamped on the belt is completely meaningless today. As mentioned already, seek top grain leather instead. The fashion industry or whatever sector covers leather goods has taken the liberty of labeling as "Genuine Leather" cheapo products consisting of paper thin leather "veneer" bonded to a substrate carrier that provides the strength and load carrying ability.

Why? Because they can, apparently.

Same goes for shoes.

Who needs a belt? Buy pants that fit!
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back