What changing your oil looks like...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to take any credit for this as it's from reddit but I thought you guys would appreciate this... It's a 2000 Honda CR-V with the valve cover off. Engine has roughly a quarter million miles.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Justrolled...eplaced_the_valve_cover_on_my_sister_in/

[Linked Image]

Just saw that a few minutes ago doing my morning Reddit scroll. OP didn't mention OCI or if this was done via lube shop changes. Would be neat to know.

"Penny Lane is in my ears/and in my eyes;
There, beneath the blue, suburban skies I sit and meanwhile back..."

laugh.gif

Let me guess the mantra, if he had used a lessor brand of oil and hadn't changed the oil at half of the manufacturer's OCI (or twice as often), this engine would have exploded into shards thousands of miles ago leaving him stranded in the desert without any water resulting in certain death.

Now I got it!

Originally Posted by Kira
"It's a clean machine" Beatles

"Such a clean machine" - Queen (one of the odd songs with Roger Taylor singing instead of Freddie)

My DIL's '99 CRV looked that good with 101K when I replaced #4 exhaust valves. I would check the lash. My 300K 528e was varnished ,but not sludgy from using 20w50

Originally Posted by WobblyElvis
I can't see any signs those cam lobes have been used. New cam shafts? or maybe it's nonsense.

I don't see any either.

Originally Posted by RamFan
Just saw that a few minutes ago doing my morning Reddit scroll. OP didn't mention OCI or if this was done via lube shop changes. Would be neat to know.

Not to stereotype but it is his "sister in-law's" vehicle. I doubt it's getting Amsoil with a Wix XP every 3k miles. When the hype dies down on that thread, I'll PM OP and ask about OCI.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Lou_Boyle
Has to be true and factual. It was on the internet

As you and I both know all too well, Abraham Lincoln's famous Gettysburg Address included the statement that you can't believe everything you read on the internet is all too true!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back