METALSLUG First ever oil filter cut open FL820s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never believe motorcraft FL820s having tear problem. Today I brought an old FL820s to work and let my coworker cut one open........ stay tune .... for the true or just bunch of spreading rumor.... stay tune until I get home will post some pix

35.gif

Well for many years I defend this oil filter with all I have . EVEN AFTER MANY PICTURE YOU GUYS POSTING ABOUT THIS PROBLEM . I STILL trust this filter with my heart since I'm a ford fan and I own many many mustang and truck and suv that using this oil filter FL820s . I travel cross the country with this oil filter ...

After my friends at work cut it open . I immediately look at the spot that many here point out . I saw a hole !!! I almost throw the whole thing in the trash. But i want bring it home to take some pictures to show you guys . Also the tear spot . It not start to tear until I try spread the media a bit and it tear so easy . It feel so soft on that area . I'm very disappointed . I'm thinking going full wix line from now on every vehicle I own . Enjoy guys I'm going drink beer .

C61DBB88-43D4-45F2-ADAD-181B3007420F.jpeg

DE252901-4AE5-42F4-A88C-F516FB8A6A3F.jpeg

552E9AF3-70FC-4A73-8D1E-2A711DC6A895.jpeg

798F9EE5-6E28-4C00-8847-72ACD7522195.jpeg

85086953-6608-4384-BA90-A3B336E1A58B.jpeg

6CEAE816-3094-4844-8728-6D1A363EFA31.jpeg

I think that oil filter is 6 month and 5k miles

I also have 1 more FL820s I really want cut open
. This is my old stash oil filter I save ( if I feel like it ) over the years . 90% I throw away . But once in a blue moon I do save one thinking some day I bought a filter cutter and cut these open...

6F5A94F5-62D8-4CAC-8819-5809BC649C21.jpeg

D611D554-AF08-48D1-92B2-4DC9AC087715.jpeg

Originally Posted by beanoil
A torn Purolator. No new news here.
I like the idea about drinking beer though.

might be nothing new to you all, but its a big new for me.

Originally Posted by MetalSlug
might be nothing new to you all, but its a big new for me.

What was your thought process when you saw the pictures others have posted? That they were fake or deliberately torn?

At first I thought they were just careless in opening the can but later on there were just too many of them to ignore.

Originally Posted by beanoil
A torn Purolator. No new news here.
I like the idea about drinking beer though.

Yeah, and that Tear o Lator looks shagged

This is happening on too many filters, I just posted one on a quality Filtec Honda. Given oiling issues Ive had over the past few years- I suppose we should read between the lines from the last API ILSAC standards committee meeting and PAY ATTENTION TO THE E10 -E85 Gumming issues. I even cut open a FORD filter from my new ranger that developed a knock, and oil just came squirting out like a geyser. Posted that C&P a decade ago.

Manufacturing defect again like on so many brands. Reading your description it seems the hole first seen was at the seam, and the wide pleat was NOT torn until you pressed it with finger, correct? Some seams do have gap but there should be glue inside, check up to a light for a hole. I have pressed with finger a number of brands pleats and they tore, Baldwin for one which has sort of a soft thick media. Not excusing this one.
You have a 600 hp Mustang driving in Texas? How about the Ford Racing filter? From what I see here it is the best thing going for an engine like you have.

Enjoy guys I'm going drink beer.

Maybe it's time to reconsider your sig line of "NO FRAM OCOD " Orange Can Of DEATH"

wink.gif

Whatever engine this is on is having serious problems - can has a lot of sludge in it, and the filter is full of metal flakes.

I'd worry about the engine this came off, not so much the filter.

Originally Posted by addyguy
Whatever engine this is on is having serious problems - can has a lot of sludge in it, and the filter is full of metal flakes.

One might wonder if those flakes are a result of cutting open the can.

I use other MC filters like the FL 910S and the 2017B cartridge and they are outstanding, but there is no way I would use the 820. Dude, be realistic.

Originally Posted by addyguy

metal flake are from the saw my friend use it to cut the fiter. about the sludge im not sure.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Enjoy guys I'm going drink beer.

Maybe it's time to reconsider your sig line of "NO FRAM OCOD " Orange Can Of DEATH"

wink.gif

not a chance, im stick to that until fram add metal end cap to the OCOD filter.

Look at my stash, i have 2 ultra . I do use ultra, but i lost interest on ultra after all. im thinking wix line from now.

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
Manufacturing defect again like on so many brands. Reading your description it seems the hole first seen was at the seam, and the wide pleat was NOT torn until you pressed it with finger, correct? Some seams do have gap but there should be glue inside, check up to a light for a hole. I have pressed with finger a number of brands pleats and they tore, Baldwin for one which has sort of a soft thick media. Not excusing this one.
You have a 600 hp Mustang driving in Texas? How about the Ford Racing filter? From what I see here it is the best thing going for an engine like you have.

I do want give Ford racing FL820s a try. but for $20+ dollar oil filter... I think a wix xp or napa platium are better

I read other say about purolator BOSS, having some kind of issue about ADBV.... is that serious ? something need to be avoid ? after discount code at advance turn out to be under $11 everday price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back