Gun Safe Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCI

Looking for something not too big, capacity for maybe a dozen long guns and half a dozen pistols at most, not too heavy or expensive, just decent quality, modest price, and a reasonable degree of protection and care against weapons falling into the wrong hands.

Any thoughts?

I have bought several safes over the years because i have two residences beach and mountains and allow friends to use. steelwater 9 gauge safes are very secure and built as nice as the American Security safes i paid more than twice the price. Delivery to calif.from the carolinas was 10 days .Do not buy a 14 gauge safe. they can cut the corner off with a mill18 bandsaw in 30 min.

Unfortunately, safes being big and heavy are costly to ship and such online retailers charge for it via elaborate shipping cost or high markup.

I'd go to a Tractor Supply store and look at what they have is stock. Walmart might be an option if you use the free in store pick up.

I'd get this as it's American made, has no key hole behind a keypad to pick and takes no batteries.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/liberty-safe-cn18-manual-lock

Almost 2 years ago, I went with a Dakota Interloc XP. It's a bolt-together safe. 60"x30"x26".

Went with the bolt-together because I want to be able to move it myself, and move it upstairs if I need to, when I move, eventually.

527 lbs. total weight, but disassembles with simple hand tools into 6 pieces, the heaviest of which is 190 lbs. Easily movable up a flight of stairs. 12GA steel except for the door, which is a little thicker.

The seller shipped it to me in 6 boxes, delivered by ABF freight.

I paid $1100. That's a few hundred bucks more than what a non-bolt-together safe would be. But, to me, it was worth it to be able to disassemble if/when I need to.

Pics in this thread:

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4486154/5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back