Valvoline semi synthetic back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this is a repost. Haven't seen Valvoline semisyn in a while.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yeah it now matches their PDS saying that the white bottle/container is a part synthetic... Which the PDS stating this was sometime in 2017 or early 18.... This just now ties it all together.

Originally Posted by bbhero
Yeah it now matches their PDS saying that the white bottle/container is a part synthetic... Which the PDS stating this was sometime in 2017 or early 18.... This just now ties it all together.

That seems like a long time to be MIA. They lost a lot of sales no doubt. I know I would have used it.

Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
Sorry if this is a repost. Haven't seen Valvoline semisyn in a while.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yeah, not the Dura Blend of old but pricey I think
wink.gif

I don't know... Compared to $27 and $34 a five qt container it is not too unreasonable.

Of course it is not Dexos approved full synthetic...

Originally Posted by bbhero
I don't know... Compared to $27 and $34 a five qt container it is not too unreasonable.

Of course it is not Dexos approved full synthetic...

Colonel: it's about $1~ less than Maxlife blend

The 5W20 & 5W30 have been a blend for 2-3 years, at least, since the move to SN. I had several arguments with VIOC morons who were insisting on putting 5W20 Maxlife in the company Transit "because it requires a synthetic blend"-even after I showed them THEIR OWN COMPANY'S PDS they still didn't believe me! It'll be interesting to see if the 10W30 is a blend now, it wasn't before, and NO VWB is Dexos 1 Gen 2, either-so they're some of the rare oils that aren't both SN+ & D1G2.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
The 5W20 & 5W30 have been a blend for 2-3 years, at least, since the move to SN. I had several arguments with VIOC morons who were insisting on putting 5W20 Maxlife in the company Transit "because it requires a synthetic blend"-even after I showed them THEIR OWN COMPANY'S PDS they still didn't believe me!

VIOC was just trying to sell you something. Honestly, I do not even know how those companies keep the doors open or the lights on.

Originally Posted by talest
The 5W20 & 5W30 have been a blend for 2-3 years, at least, since the move to SN. I had several arguments with VIOC morons who were insisting on putting 5W20 Maxlife in the company Transit "because it requires a synthetic blend"-even after I showed them THEIR OWN COMPANY'S PDS they still didn't believe me!

VIOC was just trying to sell you something. Honestly, I do not even know how those companies keep the doors open or the lights on.

Work at one, you'll figure out there are some REALLY dumb people very quick. I could sell a $50 oil change to a middle aged man with a 1998 Corolla, but I don't. Cause that's an [censored]-hat move..

So Valvoline is now marketing the VWB as a Semi-syn and dropping the conventional? I really liked their Dura Blend gear oil and used to run that in the Ford I had. I would think that the VIOC are like restaurant franchises in that they aren't owned directly by the parent company and are locally owned/operated.

In reading the words on that jug pictured above, what does SN With SN Plus mean? Does it mean there's only a small percentage of SN Plus in that SN oil?
Why even word it that way?

Originally Posted by Merek
So Valvoline is now marketing the VWB as a Semi-syn and dropping the conventional? I really liked their Dura Blend gear oil and used to run that in the Ford I had. I would think that the VIOC are like restaurant franchises in that they aren't owned directly by the parent company and are locally owned/operated.
The VIOCs here are both-the franchise ones aren't that bad, the corporate ones are the gang of thieves, which make me glad I can work on my own stuff!

I got a few jugs of their Daily Protection Conventional in 5w-30 a while back when it became a blend and it was on sale, that's what I rum in Sportage now. I like it, quieter than Penn Plat, smooth running engine.

Yeah it is close in price.... To the red container...

Still not too shabby at the end of the day.

Now we know we can't compare this to Mobil 1 AP for 85 cents a quart..
lol.gif

Originally Posted by dubber09
I got a few jugs of their Daily Protection Conventional in 5w-30 a while back when it became a blend and it was on sale, that's what I rum in Sportage now. I like it, quieter than Penn Plat, smooth running engine.

Good to know. Thanks

Durablend back in the day was like 25 percentage synthetic and a great oil.The VWB might be 5 percent grp 3 to claim semisyn. Use maxlife for a bit more and better additive package

Originally Posted by Merek
The VIOCs here are both-the franchise ones aren't that bad, the corporate ones are the gang of thieves, which make me glad I can work on my own stuff!

I actually prefer them for inspection. They don't do repairs, so there's no need for them to upsell on an inspection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back