Curious if any issues here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suppose you use a jug of oil just for a engine flush. Warm up the oil while still on the jack stands then drain back in the jug. Then install the normal oil you would use. Will that jug of oil be good to use for same purpose next oil change?

Originally Posted by Bill_W

Suppose you use a jug of oil just for a engine flush. Warm up the oil while still on the jack stands then drain back in the jug. Then install the normal oil you would use. Will that jug of oil be good to use for same purpose next oil change?

Easy enough to lube hinges with or whatever. I'd give flush oil to friend for waste oil heater shop or dump it on waste oil tank at work
wink.gif

I wouldn't. If you're just using it as a flush I am assuming you are using something inexpensive like ST conventional. Not sure how many quarts you need (jug=5qt?), but I think I would just spend another $10-$15 on cheap oil next time I needed to flush again. For peace of mind.

Last edited:
Why not put a cheap oil filter on there, run it for a week or two, then drain it out?

While we're here, what exactly are you hoping to accomplish with a short flush with cheap oil that a normal OCI with a "better" oil won't accomplish?

Rather than do what your doing, just shorten your normal OCI. I cannot understand what you are trying to accomplish with this scheme.

Originally Posted by SirTanon
Why not put a cheap oil filter on there, run it for a week or two, then drain it out?

While we're here, what exactly are you hoping to accomplish with a short flush with cheap oil that a normal OCI with a "better" oil won't accomplish?

The oil I want to use is Zepro with moly. I have Castrol Edge, which is a pretty good oil and recommended by Mazda. I was thinking about for the first oil change in my 2019 Miata I would try that to get all the break in nasties. Install the new filter before the flush. Since I am installing a Fumoto drain valve I can run a clean tube in to the jug and drain it in there. Fill the jug to top with oil and let any containment settle for next oil change. Kinda anal but like a mouthwash for my engine. While the car is on the jack stand should not take too long.

Originally Posted by DoubleNickels
Originally Posted by 53' Stude

Easy enough to lube hinges with or whatever.
wink.gif

That is a lifetime supply of oil for door hinges.

Better to have some oil than no oil
wink.gif

Hey Stude
How's the beach ???

If OP wants a flush oil
I found this at my local grocery for buying the best ribeye in town ðŸ‘

F1601933-08CD-4F9A-9232-F4C559D6881C.jpeg

Last edited:
Besides the other reasons that exercise would be illogical, it would be difficult to avoid contaminating the "flush" oil with dirt off the underside of the engine and surrounding parts. Better and easier to simply do a short change interval, if needed.

Originally Posted by SirTanon

The oil I want to use is Zepro with moly. I have Castrol Edge, which is a pretty good oil and recommended by Mazda. I was thinking about for the first oil change in my 2019 Miata I would try that to get all the break in nasties. Install the new filter before the flush. Since I am installing a Fumoto drain valve I can run a clean tube in to the jug and drain it in there. Fill the jug to top with oil and let any containment settle for next oil change. Kinda anal but like a mouthwash for my engine. While the car is on the jack stand should not take too long.

At what vehicle mileage will that first oil change be at?
If you are changing that new oil at 1-2K, then there's no need for a flush soon after.

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Hey Stude
How's the beach ???

If OP wants a flush oil

Beach is nice, I find that oil for $2.99 a quart all day at my Rural King in 5w20 and 5w30

Hey Stude
How's the beach ???

If OP wants a flush oil

Beach is nice, I find that oil for $2.99 a quart all day at my Rural King in 5w20 and 5w30

Just all day?...... not at night too? Have you been there after midnight to check-out the price? Does Rural King raise the price when you turn off your bedroom light and hop in bed?

Hey Stude
How's the beach ???

If OP wants a flush oil

Good deal
Glad your having a great time
I'm heading to the gulf in two weeks for some cold ones and doing nothing time

That oil is a Warren product so probable decent stuff for the dollar ðŸ‘

Warm up the oil while still on the jack stands then drain back in the jug.

The engine idling for a few minutes isn't going to clean out the engine much. I would drive it 10-20 miles minimum on the highway.

Hey Stude
How's the beach ???

If OP wants a flush oil

Good deal
Glad your having a great time
I'm heading to the gulf in two weeks for some cold ones and doing nothing time

That oil is a Warren product so probable decent stuff for the dollar ðŸ‘

I agree ^^^^^

A good deal at a regular everyday price... Too bad the one neaest me is 230 miles away
lol.gif

Quite a drive to Front Royal Va.... Though it would be a pretty drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back