Quality Belts (ones that hold up pants)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who makes a quality belt for a good price? I have some Roots belts that I got in Canada, but I'd like something a little better.

Any ideas?

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
I've got a beefy brown leather Levi's belt that has been holding up my pants and pistol for 3 years now.

Same here. I've worn it five days a week for over ten years now.

Smith's 1.5 inch wide work leather work belt, $9.99 (plus sales tax) at my local sporting goods & work uniform store. Just picked up another.

Walmart, poke your own hole in it for if you need to. They have many styles available.

thirteen50leather.com I've had it a couple of years, holding up well, watch for sales.

Originally Posted by SeaJay
Smith's 1.5 inch wide work leather work belt, $9.99 (plus sales tax) at my local sporting goods & work uniform store. Just picked up another.

.... but how long before they either fade bad or show multiple cracks? I'll bet maybe six months if worn every day.

I recently got a belt from Justin's when I bought a pair of boots in Dallas. Really like it, stout and looks good.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

.... but how long before they either fade bad or show multiple cracks? I'll bet maybe six months if worn every day.

?? I use clear Kiwi shoe polish for my belts to preserve them, and black or brown color Kiwi occasionally if they need a color boost. I've tried some of the creamier polish brands but they tend to make the belt too soft, expand the grain too much.

I used to go through belts somewhat regularly, the outer coating would usually crack and come off and start looking bad. A few years ago (I just checked, bought the current belt in 2013), I did some research and found that the best belts are made with full grain leather. I cycle through a couple belts, mostly the black and brown to match my boots, but about 6 years later, they're still looking very good. They weren't particularly expensive either.

I think this is the one I bought: https://www.amazon.com/BS-40-Vintage-Style-Leather-Burgundy/dp/B008MPV99G

That one in particular doesn't come with a buckle, but I had those already. The big step for me was just finding and buying something marked "full grain" instead of the "genuine leather" junk.

The quality of the belt is inversely proportional to the size of the belly it must withstand.
27.gif

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

I've been wearing one for several years now, no fading or multiple cracks. Cheaper (at least in this case) is not always poorer quality. Every bit the same quality as Carhart and the like.

I suspect this manufacturer has a captive audience in stores that sell inexpensive uniform wear in spends next to nothing on marketing to the higher end clothes manufacturers like the other manufacturers may have to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back