2020 Mercedes-Benz GLB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks a bit small, you're probably talking about the same money as a used GLE350 or GLS450. Those lower end base model cars don't usually come with some of the nicer options on the higher end lines like active curve illumination or heated/cooled cup holders.

Originally Posted by Skippy722
I like it. Not a ton of room with the 3rd row up, something to keep in mind... but I'm loving that interior.

I agree. Much like the LR Discovery Sport it's truly only a usable 5 seater.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Looks a bit small, you're probably talking about the same money as a used GLE350 or GLS450. Those lower end base model cars don't usually come with some of the nicer options on the higher end lines like active curve illumination or heated/cooled cup holders.

I really like the GLC300 and GLE350 the wife however likes boxy cars. That's why we still have our ‘10 Escape. She loves that box look.

Last edited:
I am going to be the first to say that not only does it not look boxy, but it does not look that great. It looks small and cheap and while it probably is not on the inside ? That has little appeal, also did anyone ask why they parked it next to a living room.

Maybe it is because I am tall, but I am a fan of a car or truck or whatever that has as much room as it can give. The outside does not have to be overly huge. This Mercedes lettering scheme is poor.

Can you get any year GL?

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
Looks a lot like a somewhat expanded version of a little MB SUV/wagon/van/whatever I rented when I visited Italy.

Did it have legroom?

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by edyvw
Transverse engine? Or proper layout?

Based on the A Class, so transverse.

[censored] no.

[censored] no.

I honestly don't think this thing would be at all improved by RWD. If anything, you lose interior space to add a feature lost on 99% of the people that go for something like this.

There have been FWD eco-Benzes for some time now.

[censored] no.

I honestly don't think this thing would be at all improved by RWD. If anything, you lose interior space to add a feature lost on 99% of the people that go for something like this.

There have been FWD eco-Benzes for some time now.

I prefer a proper rear biased vehicle as well. I'm not opposed to the transverse setup, however.

I personally would prefer a GLC300. My wife is the one who sent me the link to the GLB, She likes the way it looks. We are looking to replace the Escape in 18-24 months. It should have 230k on it by then.

We aren't set on a MB, however we both like them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by RTexasF
Trying to cram three rows in a vehicle that size is a bit silly.

We actually find it quite handy in our 2018 Tiguan which guessing is sort of similar size. We use the 3rd row on occasion for short hops with their friends. Its cramped and makes the 2nd row tight as you have to push forward to give leg room. However it works. At least VW states no one over 5'3" should sit back there.

Its very tough to find a vehicle that achieves 29MPG average, costs in middle+ 20's out the door, has AWD and occasional ability to seat 7. MB is adding to the limited niche with exception of price.

Originally Posted by Wolf359

It's the same platform as the A-Class sedan/Infiniti Q30.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by talest
Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
Looks a lot like a somewhat expanded version of a little MB SUV/wagon/van/whatever I rented when I visited Italy.

Did it have legroom?

I'm just under 6'2" and was surprised how comfortable I was in that little thing.
Never had any passengers, so I didn't have to worry about making room for somebody behind me, though.
Performance was adequate and nothing more.
I'm not sure why they gave me a little utility vehicle instead of a sedan, but they didn't charge me more so I didn't complain.
I picked it up in Roma when I was done there (walked and took the train there due to parking concerns) and drove the little MB through Perugia, Ravenna, Verona, Venezia (parked at the vaporetto station), and Brescia, then returned it in Milano.
I'm glad it was pretty small because it took me about 20 minutes to get it out of the underground hotel parking in Verona as it was when the valet was not available! I swear the columns were three feet apart...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back