Beretta 92

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just put in the D spring and the Wilson Combat short reach trigger. What a big difference and nice upgrade. I was able to do it with minimal tools and little to no gunsmith experience.

Whatever you heard on YouTube is true, it does make the double action a pleasure to shoot. Single action is as light as feather. I regret I didn't do it 4,000 rounds earlier.

Originally Posted by newbe46
I just put in the D spring and the Wilson Combat short reach trigger. What a big difference and nice upgrade. I was able to do it with minimal tools and little to no gunsmith experience.

Whatever you heard on YouTube is true, it does make the double action a pleasure to shoot. Single action is as light as feather. I regret I didn't do it 4,000 rounds earlier.

Surprised y'all have guns in Canada but good update and yes a Beretta is a fine pistol.

Originally Posted by talest

Surprised y'all have guns in Canada but good update and yes a Beretta is a fine pistol.

880,961 restricted firearms in Canada, and millions of rifles and shotguns. Unfortunately, the pressure is on, and statistics be d@mned...

the Gun Blog

[Linked Image]

lol.gif

I was looking on the Wilson site, so, which spring weight did you use? There appear to be a couple of options...

I'm asking because the double action pull on my wife's 92A1 is long and heavy, so, a reduction in weight of pull, travel, or both, would be a welcome upgrade to her gun.

Originally Posted by Astro14
I was looking on the Wilson site, so, which spring weight did you use? There appear to be a couple of options...

I'm asking because the double action pull on my wife's 92A1 is long and heavy, so, a reduction in weight of pull, travel, or both, would be a welcome upgrade to her gun.

I chose the Beretta D spring instead of the Wilson spring as that seems to be the lightest poundage that's compatible without causing light strike. Again, I'm no gun smith and I only relay this based on what I gathered on the Internet. The spring shipped from Brownells has its own packaging so I wonder if it's just an OEM parts instead of Beretta branded.

On your second point, I put in the D spring then test the trigger and I can immediately feel the difference. I don't have a trigger gauge but it's enough for me to tell. What prompt to do this is that I tried the new M9A3 which has the D spring comes as stock. If you want to shorten the travel that's when the short reach trigger comes in. I only spent $50 USD altogether so I would say it's a small investment comparing to the rounds spent down range that should have hit where they supposed to.

Again, a big thanks to sootch00, Mrgunsngear, and WorkTheTrigger on YouTube.

Yes, we do love our guns up here and in fact, we have the biggest gun ownership outside of the US.

Originally Posted by tcp71
[Linked Image]

lol.gif

Not to be confused with https://berettafarms.com/.
lol.gif

Last edited:

How do you think all those rural Canadians avoid being eaten by bears??
;^)

Timmy Treadwell should have been packing a Beretta in Alaska...even better, he should have just stayed at home and done idiotic things there.

Originally Posted by Astro14

I chose the Beretta D spring instead of the Wilson spring as that seems to be the lightest poundage that's compatible without causing light strike. Again, I'm no gun smith and I only relay this based on what I gathered on the Internet. The spring shipped from Brownells has its own packaging so I wonder if it's just an OEM parts instead of Beretta branded.

On your second point, I put in the D spring then test the trigger and I can immediately feel the difference. I don't have a trigger gauge but it's enough for me to tell. What prompt to do this is that I tried the new M9A3 which has the D spring comes as stock. If you want to shorten the travel that's when the short reach trigger comes in. I only spent $50 USD altogether so I would say it's a small investment comparing to the rounds spent down range that should have hit where they supposed to.

Again, a big thanks to sootch00, Mrgunsngear, and WorkTheTrigger on YouTube.

Yes, we do love our guns up here and in fact, we have the biggest gun ownership outside of the US.

Originally Posted by tcp71
[Linked Image]

lol.gif

Not to be confused with https://berettafarms.com/.
lol.gif

Yeah, the Judge dismissed that one because he ruled that nobody would confuse a car with a gun. What an anti-gun Judge.

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
Timmy Treadwell should have been packing a Beretta in Alaska...even better, he should have just stayed at home and done idiotic things there.

But, but, he wanted to become ONE with the bear. What once was two, has now become one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back