Rotella Gas Truck okay in everything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted by jbutch
It's all marketing. Basically it's very similar to most GF5 , SN+ and D1G2 oils on the market.

It has a lot of moly and boron which is nice.

It will work fine for your vehicle.

Yes it will but just another word lots of oils will work just fine and cheaper!

$13 after rebate. Can't get much cheaper.

Yes it's all marketing but can be used in practically any gasoline engine. I'm trying it right now in my truck but thinking of using this in my Civic's as I'll only need to stock this one oil for all of my vehicles. I've been using PP & PP HM which has served me well and I would definitely go back to it if needed.

Originally Posted by jayjr1105
Any worries in my 05 Odyssey (5w20)?

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

Yeah but no matter how cheap it is, I would pass up the Hello Kitty oil for my truck....‚.. but that's just me....

I've seen your truck.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Plan on throwing this in my stash for $13 after the rebate. Any worries in my 05 Odyssey (5w20)?

Yes, Rotella Gas Truck is exactly the same oil as any other API rated oil with the same rating.
Its just words and marketing.

Originally Posted by bbhero
jbutch said:
It's all marketing. Basically it's very similar to most GF5 , SN+ and D1G2 oils on the market.

It has a lot of moly and boron which is nice.

It will work fine for your vehicle.

I agree.. ^^^^^^

Interesting note is that the Havoline high mileage 5w30 in my car has a HTHS of 3.4.... Even higher than this truck out HTHS... [/quote

Did I miss the HTHS of RTG somewhere in here?
Just curious.

Plan on throwing this in my stash for $13 after the rebate. Any worries in my 05 Odyssey (5w20)?

It'll be perfectly fine. I even use an oil with the Cummins spec in my G37. It meets all the specifications required by my engine, just like the ROTELLA Gas Truck will for your Odyssey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back