Anyone heard of Cooling Depot thermostats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening all,

I originally bought a Motorad thermostat on Amazon few days ago and received a Cooling Depot brand thermostat. I've never heard of this brand and there's hardly any information on the internet.

Part # 92000195 High Flow Thermostat
Made in Israel (well that's a plus)
Import for Uni-Selec Purchases G.P

So anyone used them before? Are they any good? I only put down 1000 km each year in that truck so as long as it will last me 4, 5 years Im happy
smile.gif

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I usually do OEM on thermostats most aftermarket are junky.. and its a pita to replace sometimes.

Originally Posted by PotatoFarmer77w
Good evening all,

I originally bought a Motorad thermostat on Amazon few days ago and received a Cooling Depot brand thermostat. I've never heard of this brand and there's hardly any information on the internet.

Part # 92000195 High Flow Thermostat
Made in Israel (well that's a plus)
Import for Uni-Selec Purchases G.P

So anyone used them before? Are they any good? I only put down 1000 km each year in that truck so as long as it will last me 4, 5 years Im happy
smile.gif

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thought your 350 had a higher degree stat than that one, says 195. Some people run 180 I do not know why. I think the electric fans kick on when the coolant gets to 220. Double check that it is the right degree stat. Also, get one that is a Fail Safe meaning if it fails, it fails open and not closed. Get an ACDelco stat unless a parts store has a Stant. Test it in a pot of boiling water to make sure it opens before you put it in. If it opens in the pot put it in the truck.

They also make Uzi submachine guns in Israel along with many other things just like many other country. HKs that is Heckler & Koch are better but they are German so. Do not get all ga ga on Israel quality, does not mean good automatically.

Originally Posted by PandaBear
Motorad is usually not the best quality.

Originally Posted by zzyzzx
It's a Motorad, meaning junk. Get a Stant.

I know motorad is not the best but I barely drive the truck and just want something that would work. Plus meanwhile in Canada we don't really have a lot of choices...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by talest
Thought your 350 had a higher degree stat than that one, says 195. Some people run 180 I do not know why. I think the electric fans kick on when the coolant gets to 220. Double check that it is the right degree stat. Also, get one that is a Fail Safe meaning if it fails, it fails open and not closed. Get an ACDelco stat unless a parts store has a Stant. Test it in a pot of boiling water to make sure it opens before you put it in. If it opens in the pot put it in the truck.

They also make Uzi submachine guns in Israel along with many other things just like many other country. HKs that is Heckler & Koch are better but they are German so. Do not get all ga ga on Israel quality, does not mean good automatically.

Yes that one is a 195f if you look closer at the second picture. I already "bench test" it, maybe I'll just put it in and give it a try, it's not hard to replace it anyway.

Installed one in 04 maxima during timing chain replacement due to better access as the OEM one had 350000km on it . Unfortunately I should have left well enough alone, the cooling Depot is a dud. Now I have to dig into it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back