Status
Not open for further replies.
Right outside Halstead KS.

Screenshot_20190611-124300.png

DSC_0365.JPG

DSC_0366.JPG

DSC_0367.JPG

DSC_0368.JPG

What I really like is how this theme is brought into the oil fields.

Got Union '76 Unocal with their orange and blue pumpjacks, and old "oil camps" which are bio-hazards. Texaco with solid Green, or white and black, and things like the classic "The Texas Company" lease signs. Also Texaco had the star and "T" brickwork in their buildings, roof vents with a Star hole stamped out in the tail. Even the mailbox had a metal plate with a hole for the star, and a solid metal "T".

It just shows me how much pride was put into the oil patch back in the days.

Last edited:
Authentic antique gas and oil signs are HIGHLY collectible!!
Watch one of those picker shows and watch the buyers' eyes light up when they find some in a pile or leaning up against a wall...

My dad had some ashtrays that were made up of a glass center with brand advertising that would fit into a rubber mini tire...I used to love to pull the centers out and roll the tires everywhere.
My favorite was a Vogue tyre that was white! Some of the glass parts were cracked or missing, but dad had a bunch of them and most of them looked new and unused...I think he bought them all at Salvation Army stores.
I have looked up some of them on eBay and even the distinctive Vogue ashtrays are not especially valuable...but I really wish I had grabbed them all at some point.
My sister either threw them away or sold them...she also somehow disposed of the daggers and bayonets dad brought back from WWII, which totally infuriated me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back