Dolmar MS3200 string trimmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Borrowed this from a gal @ work; hasn't run in a while and I told her I would get it running if I could use it this weekend. Fits nicely into the Yaris lol.

German manual indicates 50:1 with Dolmar oil, all others 25:1 I suspect this means "run of the mill" 2 stroke and not premium oil like Echo Red Armor?

Like the "your vehicle should be topped of with 0w-20, if you can't find that, use 5w-20 and switch back as quick as possible"

Are we on board for a 40-50:1 Red Armor mix for this?

Thanks.

Last edited:
From a Dolmar website:
All DOLMAR power products are designed to run on a 50:1 mixture using any standard high-performance 2-stroke engine oil.

I have a Makita RBC-2451 trimmer that is over 20 years old and they are supposed to be a rebadged Dolmar. I normally buy the Makita oil in 6 packs and use 1 per year maybe 2 occasionally. I did run the Red Armor in it and used it at 25:1 like they suggest and it works great. Very strong lightweight trimmers. I bought one of those cordless Greenworks thinking I would try it and was quite unhappy and switched back to my old Makita.

Originally Posted by maintenanceMan
Dolmar is great made in Germany equipment. I use Dolmar chainsaws.

+1

Have a Dolmar/Makita Chainsaw from 1995 and it's a beast. My father bought it new, and it has always had Husqvarna 2-stroke oil at 50:1.

Originally Posted by maintenanceMan
Dolmar is great made in Germany equipment. I use Dolmar chainsaws.
+2. I just bought a Makita EA5000, changed the cat-equipped muffler, re-tuned the carb and runs and cuts really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back