BG 206 Air Intake Valve Cleaner in my 17 Kia Sportage

Status
Not open for further replies.
It did not come with instructions?

I think you have to pour the contents into some type of pressure vessel with a valve on it

Looks similar to seafoam spray. You could probably get a similar effect by using a spray bottle set to mist and spraying it with a buddy controlling rpms.

Originally Posted by SlavaB
Thx! Seems like I won't be able to do it myself really

Take off the hose from the airbox to the throttle body.

Buy a plastic spray bottle from Walmart for .99 cents, set it to mist.

Have your friend rev the engine to about 2k rpms to open up the throttle plate and mist away. Let off the gas, wash rinse and repeat. If you can spray fast enough you can hot soak the valves and piston tops. Give them a few minutes before starting up again to allow the cleaner to do it's job. When you're done just toss the cheap spray bottle in the trash. I wouldn't store any unused product in the plastic bottle.

On older cars with a throttle cable you could do it by yourself but not yours.

An alternative to using a cheap plastic spray bottle would be to go onto Amazon and look for refillable oil spray bottles that you would use in the kitchen for misting something like an olive oil. They have a hand pump to prime them and you can pick up an aluminum bottle version for about $10. You might have to refill it a couple of times but that's not hard. On the upside you have a spray container you can reuse over and over, just be sure to flush it out with water after usage because the cleaners solvents might eat it up.

Last edited:
Let the engine sit for 30-60 mins after giving your intake a good blasting for a proper heat soak - - - then open er up on the highway, safely of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back