More WIX price increases coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got another email from FleetFilter. Looks like WIX is rapidly closing the gap with Fram Ultra. If you change your own oil and plan to keep the same vehicle for a long time, might be a good idea to stock up before the next price bump.

[Linked Image]

4 price increases in ~15 months but let's blame tariffs on the upcoming one
confused2.gif

I don't buy NG/(Wix) from FF, buy from my local Napa store on the semi annual NG 40% off sale,
On the plus side, in these parts gas prices have dropped significantly since April.

I wonder which tariffs affect them?

Are their filters made in China?
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted by Gebo
I wonder which tariffs affect them?

Are their filters made in China?
crazy2.gif

Yep. China manufacturing location. They also have quite a few other locations outside the US, too.
Wix - China
15A1 Times Square
500 Zhangyang Rd
Shanghai
China 200122

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
4 price increases in ~15 months but let's blame tariffs on the upcoming one
confused2.gif

The four price increases together add up to about 10% total

The vast majority of spin on filter applications for the US market are made in the US, primarily Gastonia NC. Doubtful about where manufactured as the raw materials used to make them. The canister, centertube and endcaps.

Wix has 4 mfg plants in Gastonia NC, one plant in SC as well plants in Poland, Venezuela, Ukraine, Mexico, Canada, Brazil, and China. I've bought Wix fuel filters that are made in Israel. Gotta go....my HF coupon expires today!
smirk2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by LubeFiner
This is good news. It will help keep American jobs and the plants open. Not sure why people are upset over it.

Arbitrary supply chain disruptions are hard for companies to plan for, especially if they'll be reversed a week or month down the road. A new factory isn't going to spring up overnight.

Discomfort in raw materials pricing leads to higher consumer prices to ensure corporate profitability.

Originally Posted by LubeFiner
This is good news. It will help keep American jobs and the plants open. Not sure why people are upset over it.

Yes. Folks don't realize that our US economy over the past four decades has been like the dying crack addict who is addicted to drugs that are killing him, but all he cares about is his next hit.

I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back