2004 Toyota Sequoia

Status
Not open for further replies.
All,

This is the first time I've sent in an oil sample in for testing for this 2004 Sequoia. 157,000 miles and it looks like I've been doing something right.
I hope she lasts me another 157,000 miles.

04 SEQUOIA-190428_Redacted.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 8
Last edited:
That engine probably makes the top 5 in historically "easy on oil" engines, but yes, your report looks pretty good. I personally would never dump AFE at 5k miles, but I can't argue with your results. Carry on!
thumbsup2.gif

What I greatly appreciate is that:
1. She's not burning any oil, so no make up oil was added
2. 0.0% water/coolant in the oil
3. Very little fuel dilution in the oil

She's built like a tank. We bought her brand new in March of 2004 and have maintained her since the warranty was up.

Engine oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid, differential fluid, coolant...all replaced at their respective intervals.

I did replace the water pump and timing belt three years ago and I was concerned about potential coolant leak if I didn't do it right, but this report eased my worries. Time to do replace those again next summer.

I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing.

At this time, she owes me nothing. She's been paid off since 2007 and just keeps going.

I have full confidence in her to make a cross country trip at a moments notice, if needed.

In March, I drove down to see my mom in El Paso, TX...18 MPG, no issues, no complaints, she did what she does best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back