What were you paid hourly your first job that deducted social security and taxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
$4.25 @ HR. - 1994
Working at a Napa Automotive Machine Shop , tearing down and cleaning engines \ cyl heads for rebuild.

$5.00/ hr as a 12 year automotive repair shop sweeper, gopher, apprentice. I rebuilt the engine and transmission in what would become my first car before I turned 16 and could legally drive it.

50 cents per hour in 1970 as an apprentice. Apprentice's were paid half the journeymans wage - so in 1970 a mechanic in New Zealand was earning $1 per hour.

$1.85/hour in 1965 and this included the third shift bonus. Textile mill babysitting 4 huge machines that refined raw wool and ended up as rough thread on 4 foot spindles.

$4/hr back in '93 I think, working in a grocery store. Wasn't my first job, IIRC I had been picking blueberries that summer and probably made around $5+/hr doing that--but it was not hourly work.

IIRC, it was $5.75/hr working for a Tree Service company near our cottage. Pretty much just general labouring: Picking up brush, dismantling dock cribs, hauling gravel, shovelling....etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back