Is This Normal Deadfall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never seen anything like it here....but is this normal for a place like Colorado ? It's Insane!

High wind shear at different times.
12.gif

Not uncommon in Colorado.

These clowns are making it out to be far more than it is...

They're NOT "structures". It's random deadfall, exacerbated by wind, tall trees, insects, etc.

Walking through the woods, elk hunting, I've seen lots of deadfall like this...now, I didn't have an "electromagnetic detector" with me, so...I couldn't perceive the "toroidal field"...

crazy2.gif

Originally Posted by Astro14
Not uncommon in Colorado.

These clowns are making it out to be far more than it is...

They're NOT "structures". It's random deadfall, exacerbated by wind, tall trees, insects, etc.

Walking through the woods, elk hunting, I've seen lots of deadfall like this...now, I didn't have an "electromagnetic detector" with me, so...I couldn't perceive the "toroidal field"...

crazy2.gif

+1
A young pine woods kills off lots of trees as it matures, from 100's of trees per acre down to dozens. They don't always fall with the prevailing winds. We have a few spots where the trees are starting to stack up like this.

Originally Posted by Warstud
I've never seen anything like it here....but is this normal for a place like Colorado ? It's Insane!

I do volunteer work for the Forest Service via the Backcountry Horsemen in the summer. We have cleared out old trails to re-open them and have seen dead-fall stacked 15-20 ft high in some places. One trail took us two full days just to go about 100 ft. Most of this is due to bark beetle damage and not thinning/logging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back