New Honda - it Finally arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Goodkat
Congrats! I really like those. A local dealer has one along with the monkey. I think I would go with the Cub as it seems a little more practical.

Thanks.

Practical - Super Cub.
Outright Fun - Monkey.

Nice Scooter!!! The first thing I noticed was the wheels. 20W50 right?
grin.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Lawn_Care
Honestly i'm not sure where it's assembled..

First letter/number of the VIN will tell you.

I had a 1981 C50 for many years. It was given to me and I rode it to work for 7 years, up and over a rough gravel road. Every 3 or 4 weeks I'd put $2 of fuel into it.

Originally Posted by oldhp
20W50 right?
grin.gif

Honda now recommends 10w30 in their smaller air-cooled engines.
No thanks, I'm sticking with T6 or a similar 5w40.

Honda for about 10 years now recommends 10w30 in all their smaller air-cooled motorcycle engines

fixed it

Originally Posted by Panos

Honda for about 10 years now recommends 10w30 in all their smaller air-cooled motorcycle engines

fixed it

True Dat!

Thanks, guys.

Yes, they're a bit pricey here also - especially for a 125. But, you get what you pay for sometimes.

Alarmguy - I don't miss spoke wheels one bit, PITA to clean and polish.

You must be in the 0.01 % of Cub owners who clean and polish - they are a workhorse, and in the rest of the world earn their keep. I never ever cleaned mine.

Originally Posted by Silk
You must be in the 0.01 % of Cub owners who clean and polish - they are a workhorse, and in the rest of the world earn their keep. I never ever cleaned mine.

Honest I bought it to commute to work (18-mile round trip) and cruise the county highways, but being new (again) in the USA - I'm torn between 'workhorse' and 'novelty'. Oh well, I know that the Cub won't care either way.
cool.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back