Review. Adams Paint Sealant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect weather here for this. I had used up my Sonax stuff and decided to try something new. I ordered the Adams liquid paint sealant along with their car wash shampoo.

First the shampoo, if you are looking for tons of suds then this is not the product for you. With that said, suds are overrated. What I found is that this shampoo cleans very well and it's super slick. A ton of lubricity in this product. The wash part went very well.

Now for the sealant. I've heard a lot of good things about Adams products and this did not disappoint. The sealant is a thick gray lotion. It spreads easily and hazes up rather quickly. The instructions call for applying to one panel at a time and that is definitely a good idea. I applied the sealant with a microfiber spring applicator using 4-5 drops the size of large peas per panel. The hood counted as two and the roof as three panels.

I gave it maybe two minutes at the most to set. It's in the 70's here today so it was setting rather quickly. If you live in a hot area this is something to consider. Removal was with a short nap microfiber towel and that was very easy. A final buff with a Eagle Edgeless 500 towel finished the job.

Sorry I have no pictures at the moment. The shine is excellent. I expect it to improve as it cures a bit more. I didn't notice any staining on trim but I tried to avoid that as much as possible. Applying the sealant on the headlights and tail lights really made them sparkle.

So the question will be durability. I will update from time to time regarding that and how water sheets or beads on the surfaces.

Summary, I would recommend the Adams products highly at this point for ease of application and initial results. Durability is the only question and I hope to get 5-6 months from it. The car is parked outside under a carport so it does get some exposure.

Black Diamond ceramic sealer is one. Been on my 08 ML for about a year and still sheds water like I had just done it. Pimtac, what color is your vehicle? I think darker colors are more difficult to keep streaks out. I have also used Zaino's sealant and was very happy with that. Very easy and lasts a long time.

Originally Posted by loneryder
Black Diamond ceramic sealer is one. Been on my 08 ML for about a year and still sheds water like I had just done it. Pimtac, what color is your vehicle? I think darker colors are more difficult to keep streaks out. I have also used Zaino's sealant and was very happy with that. Very easy and lasts a long time.

Are you speaking of the Pinnacle Black Label sealant? That's supposed to be pretty good as well. The PBMG makes it.

My CX5 is silver. Not the best color to make pop.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by user52165
Plenty of good sealants available that are "wipe on and walk away".

What are they?

NuFinsh!
banana2.gif

Just kidding. I had to say it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CKN

What are they?

NuFinsh!
banana2.gif

Well it's about as helpful as saying "there are other good products" in a thread about a specific product.

Like yeah, we know there are plenty of good sealants. Either share an actual opinion, or keep your non-opinion to yourself.

Some people's children.

Originally Posted by CKN

What are they?

NuFinsh!
banana2.gif

Well it's about as helpful as saying "there are other good products" in a thread about a specific product.

Like yeah, we know there are plenty of good sealants. Either share an actual opinion, or keep your non-opinion to yourself.

Some people's children.

Yea-It's not like after three pages any given topic goes off topic........

Originally Posted by CKN

What are they?

NuFinsh!
banana2.gif

Some people's children.

It seems that no one can start a thread about detailing here anymore without the orange bottle flies coming in to disrupt.

Dancing banana emoji are childish.

It seems that no one can start a thread about detailing here anymore without the orange bottle flies coming in to disrupt.

Dancing banana emoji are childish. [/quote]

I understand that the "block" feature works well on BITOG if you don't like (anything in) my posts........

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CKN

Dancing banana emoji are childish.

I understand that the "block" feature works well on BITOG if you don't like (anything in) my posts........[/quote]

A better idea is that you start your own orange bottle thread.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Perfect weather here for this. I had used up my Sonax stuff and decided to try something new. I ordered the Adams liquid paint sealant along with their car wash shampoo.

First the shampoo, if you are looking for tons of suds then this is not the product for you. With that said, suds are overrated. What I found is that this shampoo cleans very well and it's super slick. A ton of lubricity in this product. The wash part went very well.

Now for the sealant. I've heard a lot of good things about Adams products and this did not disappoint. The sealant is a thick gray lotion. It spreads easily and hazes up rather quickly. The instructions call for applying to one panel at a time and that is definitely a good idea. I applied the sealant with a microfiber spring applicator using 4-5 drops the size of large peas per panel. The hood counted as two and the roof as three panels.

I gave it maybe two minutes at the most to set. It's in the 70's here today so it was setting rather quickly. If you live in a hot area this is something to consider. Removal was with a short nap microfiber towel and that was very easy. A final buff with a Eagle Edgeless 500 towel finished the job.

Sorry I have no pictures at the moment. The shine is excellent. I expect it to improve as it cures a bit more. I didn't notice any staining on trim but I tried to avoid that as much as possible. Applying the sealant on the headlights and tail lights really made them sparkle.

So the question will be durability. I will update from time to time regarding that and how water sheets or beads on the surfaces.

Summary, I would recommend the Adams products highly at this point for ease of application and initial results. Durability is the only question and I hope to get 5-6 months from it. The car is parked outside under a carport so it does get some exposure.

Thanks.Was looking on clean garage website on their products.Nice review.

It's only been a couple of weeks since I put this sealant on but with a couple of decent day trips the bug spatter necessitated a wash. Using the Adams car shampoo it was very easy to get things clean and shiny again. I would venture that half of the bug stuff came off with the initial rinse. The rest came off with no scrubbing or scraping. The water beaded nicely on the roof and sheeted everywhere else.

So far I been impressed with the gloss. The paint surface is glass smooth as one should expect with a good sealant.

Originally Posted by grampi
Apparently not...

There's no contest.

It's just annoying when people come in and drop some bull without actually saying ANYTHING.

"oh yeah an Adams thread but there are some better sealants out there hur dur."

Who does that help? What is he trying to say? What information did he actually offer? Nothing. He helped no one, said nothing, and his post was devoid of information. He started the "pizzing," and then got offended when someone called him out.

If he had posted his experience with Opti-Seal and shared why he preferred it in the first hand, then his post would have had merit.

Apparently not...

There's no contest.

It's just annoying when people come in and drop some bull without actually saying ANYTHING.

Who does that help? What is he trying to say? What information did he actually offer? Nothing. He helped no one, said nothing, and his post was devoid of information. He started the "pizzing," and then got offended when someone called him out.

If he had posted his experience with Opti-Seal and shared why he preferred it in the first hand, then his post would have had merit.

This is equally as bad as someone who brings up the orange bottle garbage in every thread...

Apparently not...

There's no contest.

This is equally as bad as someone who brings up the orange bottle garbage in every thread...

Grampi, I'm not sure where you are coming from. The reference was to the post about the orange bottle stuff which a number of members keep interjecting into threads. This is done to antagonize members who are trying to post reviews on other brands. Roofless is correct in his comment.

If the others want to talk about Turtle Wax or the orange junk then they should start their own threads.

More and more I get the impression it's not worth commenting here anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back