New Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find turtlewax seal and shine at any of the Walmart's nearby. It's super popular. I hope they don't raise the price

Originally Posted by PlzRepond
I can't find turtlewax seal and shine at any of the Walmart's nearby. It's super popular. I hope they don't raise the price

Just got back from Wally World & Target...they had rows of it there at both places...while most other products around it (Meguiar's in particular) was nearly sold out.

Originally Posted by HYUNDAIFAN0001

Just got back from Wally World & Target...they had rows of it there at both places...while most other products around it (Meguiar's in particular) was nearly sold out.

Just got back from my Walmart and Target as well. They both had only a few bottles of the Turtle Wax Seal and Shine but were stocked to the gills with Meguiars products. Guess it depends on where you live as far as demand.

Originally Posted by 007

Just got back from my Walmart and Target as well. They both had only a few bottles of the Turtle Wax Seal and Shine but were stocked to the gills with Meguiars products. Guess it depends on where you live as far as demand.

Guess so...they can't seem to the Turtle Wax stuff away here...almost all their products were stocked full...and everything else almost gone...not just the ICE stuff either...

Originally Posted by 007

Guess so...they can't seem to the Turtle Wax stuff away here...almost all their products were stocked full...and everything else almost gone...not just the ICE stuff either...

You must live in a very weird place then because even amazon sold out of the tw seal n shine

You must live in a very weird place then because even amazon sold out of the tw seal n shine

Both bottles?
15.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted by dblshock
I'm buying that TW sealant tomorrow, whoa.

Let us know if in 90 days after application...if you still feel the same way about the product (durability).

Here's the spouse's 2013 Honda Accord using Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid - after 90 days - yesterday after a light rain...water beading...once we left to drive the car...the water literally ran off the surface everywhere.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?28541-The-benefits-of-water-beading

Both bottles?
15.gif
lol.gif

Just curious...why does it bother u so much that easily available/affordable products like tw can outperform more expensive "boutique" products?

Both bottles?
15.gif
lol.gif

Just curious...why does it bother u so much that easily available/affordable products like tw can outperform more expensive "boutique" products?

Could you give us a review on your experience with the Turtle Wax product?

Originally Posted by PimTac

Both bottles?
15.gif
lol.gif

Could you give us a review on your experience with the Turtle Wax product?

I've been trying to purchase the seal n shine the last few days but cannot find it anywhere near me. About a week and a half ago I used tw ice spray wax for the first time and it is excellent especially for 6 dollars. I used meguiars ultimate quik wax before this and was happy with it but this is better imo. My car is black and it gives it excellent gloss and fills in minor blemishes. There was some moisture a few morning and there's great water beading. I'm not sure about the longevity yet but the videos I've seen on YouTube show it lasts a decent amount of time for a spray wax. If the performance continues I see no reason to use any other spray wax.

I've been trying to purchase the seal n shine the last few days but cannot find it anywhere near me. About a week and a half ago I used tw ice spray wax for the first time and it is excellent especially for 6 dollars. I used meguiars ultimate quik wax before this and was happy with it but this is better imo. My car is black and it gives it excellent gloss and fills in minor blemishes. There was some moisture a few morning and there's great water beading. I'm not sure about the longevity yet but the videos I've seen on YouTube show it lasts a decent amount of time for a spray wax. If the performance continues I see no reason to use any other spray wax.

All kidding aside...being new probably has more to do with inventory shortages than anything else.

Initial reviews make TW Seal & Shine (Black Bottle version) appear to do a good job of shine and water repelling. What is still unknown is its lasting durability.

While $6 a bottle is economic...having to apply it frequently to sustain the effects quickly can make it less of a bargain.

Once the same test videos show up online that use various cleaners and other products after TW Seal & Shine has been applied...that'll answer the durability question. For some time...folks thought F11 was a terrific product, only to learn it didn't hold up its protection very long.

Ceramic hybrids - including spray waxes - are the "new thing" these days. New products seem to be coming out of the woodwork. Some are easy to apply, some hard. Some last with their protection, some don't. Time will tell.

In the case of Meguiar's newer Ceramic Hybrid product...it has been more thoroughly tested and shows that it is a very good product and does hold up quite well.

All kidding aside...being new probably has more to do with inventory shortages than anything else.

Initial reviews make TW Seal & Shine (Black Bottle version) appear to do a good job of shine and water repelling. What is still unknown is its lasting durability.

While $6 a bottle is economic...having to apply it frequently to sustain the effects quickly can make it less of a bargain.

Once the same test videos show up online that use various cleaners and other products after TW Seal & Shine has been applied...that'll answer the durability

question. For some time...folks thought F11 was a terrific product, only to learn it didn't hold up its protection very long.

Ceramic hybrids - including spray waxes - are the "new thing" these days. New products seem to be coming out of the woodwork. Some are easy to apply, some hard. Some last with their protection, some don't. Time will tell.

In the case of Meguiar's newer Ceramic Hybrid product...it has been more thoroughly tested and shows that it is a very good product and does hold up quite well.

Tested by who, on what, where and under what conditions?

Originally Posted by 007

Once the same test videos show up online that use various cleaners and other products after TW Seal & Shine has been applied...that'll answer the durability

question. For some time...folks thought F11 was a terrific product, only to learn it didn't hold up its protection very long.

Google is your friend.

Washed the Alfa on Saturday and decided to give this a go, $5 MIR was a nice touch. I didn't do anything fancy on the prep, tried to use it as most consumers would.

A good sudsy hand wash, nice rinse down, sprayed the product and proceeded to hand dry. Since this was the first time using it, I followed the base coat instructions. Unfortunately, I think I may have followed them too closely or perhaps my definition of liberal application varies from Megiuar's. Streaks were very evident. This seems like a rather common complaint of the product.

I took a clean microfiber and applied some Quick Wax, very lightly, in an attempt to buff the streaks out. Worked like a charm. Now that the base coat is on, I do not anticipate this to occur again. I can't say I see a massive or profound difference as compared to using a traditional spray wax/sealant or paste wax/sealant. But I will say that the Rosso Competizione Tri-Coat definitely looks richer and deeper, I may be wrong, but I'm attributing this to the "wet look".

Originally Posted by RamFan
Washed the Alfa on Saturday and decided to give this a go, $5 MIR was a nice touch. I didn't do anything fancy on the prep, tried to use it as most consumers would.

A good sudsy hand wash, nice rinse down, sprayed the product and proceeded to hand dry. Since this was the first time using it, I followed the base coat instructions. Unfortunately, I think I may have followed them too closely or perhaps my definition of liberal application varies from Megiuar's. Streaks were very evident. This seems like a rather common complaint of the product.

I took a clean microfiber and applied some Quick Wax, very lightly, in an attempt to buff the streaks out. Worked like a charm. Now that the base coat is on, I do not anticipate this to occur again. I can't say I see a massive or profound difference as compared to using a traditional spray wax/sealant or paste wax/sealant. But I will say that the Rosso Competizione Tri-Coat definitely looks richer and deeper, I may be wrong, but I'm attributing this to the "wet look".

I wonder if you compromised the coating by using the Quick Wax? I used it on two vehicles now, and I'm not overly impressed. I'll see how long it lasts. If it doesn't last I'll move on.

Originally Posted by demarpaint

I wonder if you compromised the coating by using the Quick Wax? I used it on two vehicles now, and I'm not overly impressed. I'll see how long it lasts. If it doesn't last I'll move on.

Prior to using I looked into whether or not it can be used in conjunction with UQW/ULQW and according to Meg's, it can. Granted, this is with a base layer of wax followed by HCW, but I think the opposite should be find as well.

With that being said, I used very little as a just in case. I just wanted to get a little lube and didn't have any detailer on hand.

All it takes to remove any streaking is a quick spritz and wipe with water.

Originally Posted by 007

Google is your friend.

I did that and more which was the reason for my questions.

Once the same test videos show up online that use various cleaners and other products after TW Seal & Shine has been applied...that'll answer the durability question. For some time...folks thought F11 was a terrific product, only to learn it didn't hold up its protection very long.

Nah there are lots of recent vids out there showing that tw seal and shine holds up even after being subjected to strong cleaners, iron removers, acidic solutions, etc. even did a head to head with meguiars new product and it outperformed everything. This product gets my full endorsement. There's no question in my mind why it's sold out after watching these vids. Turtle wax r&d has done it again. Bravo tw team ðŸ‘ðŸ»! I'm never gonna use anything but turtle wax and nu finish as long as they are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back