I'm popular today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by meadows
Down here, when the air-conditioner goes out, it gets fixed!

As a rabid sweater, I concur!

I will note that many years ago, I drive a 1990 Subaru Justy GL (The "Fun Justy") that was a 1.2L three cylinder engine with MFI for NINE years WITHOUT A/C! What was I thinking?!?!
Well I was cheap and a single income for a family of five. Glad I have A/C now!

Last edited:
Can't be too busy, you have time to post on BITOG, LOL.

In all seriousness, sometimes it's like feast or famine. Good luck with the customers. I know the diagnosis and fixing things is the easy part of the job
smile.gif

Originally Posted by WhizkidTN
a 1990 Subaru Justy GL (The "Fun Justy") that was a 1.2L three cylinder engine with MFI

I remember when they used to give those away on game shows... those, and Daihatsu Charades

Originally Posted by javacontour
Can't be too busy, you have time to post on BITOG, LOL.

I was on hold ordering parts when I posted earlier. Just like I am now LOL

I have a friend back east in the tire business. He has the flip side of that coin. Every fall at the first cold snap and/or snow, he's buried in customers with bald tires and weak batteries.

It was non stop all day. We are currently by appt only. Also we are now 1 week behind. My soonest availability is Tuesday next week. That will likely fill up tomorrow.

Only had 1 idiot that thought he was better than every one else and demanded we cater to him. He finally called us names and hit the road with a burn out

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by WhizkidTN
a 1990 Subaru Justy GL (The "Fun Justy") that was a 1.2L three cylinder engine with MFI

I remember when they used to give those away on game shows... those, and Daihatsu Charades

Hey don't knock it! The thing got ~35MPG no matter how I drove it and I could get rubber in three gears (5-speed manual) it was so light. Went great in the snow believe or not.

Replaced the clutch at 110K miles and sold it at 115K running strong. Not the safest little coffin I'll give you! I'm 6'2" and my nieghbor used to say when I got home it was like watching somebody get out of a "clown car". About right...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Nick1994
A/C is my favorite invention. It'll be 112 on Wednesday.

Second only to cooled seats! But I guess you can't have the cooled seats without A/C
banana2.gif

Originally Posted by Nick1994
A/C is my favorite invention. It'll be 112 on Wednesday.

We are about 10 degrees cooler than where your at. My phone shows 119f for Shoshone,ca. Real neet museum and good restaurant there called " The crow bar". Odd that my wife isn't interested in going there this weekend lol.

112F ...thats 44.4C !!!
27.gif

It'll be as high as 30C or 86F in my neck of the woods and that is as hot as I can like it. Any hotter and it is simply unbearable. Heck, I turn my car A/C on at 23C or 63F...the start of being uncomfortable.

The Subaru Justy I remember those...such a quaint little car...had the option of a CVT with 4WD which was an odd combination in those days. 3 cyl, 70-ish hp/tq..only weighed like 2000 lbs. The guy that had one never got stuck anywhere...It was even back by a 36 month or 36,000 mile warranty.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Smokescreen
112F ...thats 44.4C !!!
27.gif

It'll be as high as 30C or 86F in my neck of the woods and that is as hot as I can like it. Any hotter and it is simply unbearable. Heck, I turn my car A/C on at 23C or 63F...the start of being uncomfortable.

The Subaru Justy I remember those...such a quaint little car...had the option of a CVT with 4WD which was an odd combination in those days. 3 cyl, 70-ish hp/tq..only weighed like 2000 lbs. The guy that had one never got stuck anywhere...It was even back by a 36 month or 36,000 mile warranty.

I think I paid ~$7.5K for it brand spanking new at the dealership in Downingtown, PA! Oddly enough, it was very solidly made and my first and only Subaru to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back