Wiper blade recommendations?

I decided to try Aero brand wiper blades for my wife's 2017 Pacifica. I found them on amazon for 17.95 for a pair. Bought them beginning of February this year, no complaints so far. I plan on buying a set for my F150 when I need new ones.

I got tired of paying for Bosch Icons on Amazon and tried a two pack of beam blades that were supposed to match OEM performance for something like $12 from the same site...no name stuff.
I hated them, the long blade didn't contact the windshield across its whole length in cold weather and left a big streak on salty mess right in front of my eyes.
They finally got streaky enough in warm weather that I am replacing them...I noticed that I can also buy pairs of Icons on Amazon now at a discount from the single blade prices, got sets for me and my daughter at about $28 each.
I am very happy with buying good beams at that price, but they are still not exactly bargain blades. I think they are a good value for the money, not everybody is going to agree...
I tried Rain-X beams from WM some time ago and was not impressed at all, did the windshield prep and break in that was recommended on the box and they still left lines of coating at the end limits of the blades' travel. I'm done with those.

I've been pleased with getting inserts from the dealer for two of my Toyota's, they seem to last a year plus.

Another vote for Trico. I have had good luck with Neoform but this time I went with XtraClear which is AA's house brand made by Trico and appears to be the same as the Trico Ultra's. They work well but we'll see how long I get out of them.

they seem to come out with new models every year.
wonder how many "new" wipers have been made since the 70s.
Bosch seems to offer new ones a lot.
what was wrong with last years models.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Trico Exact Fit Conventional

Another vote for the Trico's

And another..

I just replaced my driver front and rear w/Trico exact fit and they didn't break the bank. No complaints...

Last edited:
I put Michelin XT hybrid blades on last time and so far I have been pleased with them. They've gotten quite the workout here in Arkansas the past several months as well. They seem to be good quality blades, but time will tell I suppose.

Rain-X Repels are good but costly.
Rain-X OE are also good, not as costly.

But, I buy Bosch Aerotwin 2-packs for my car, or Valeo Ultimate, as both are OE suppliers.

Trico Onyx is probably the best wiper I've ever had on a car. My last pair lasted forever no steaking, no noise and always tight on the windshield.

Originally Posted by DoubleNickels
Am I the only one who notices that wiper blades are way too expensive?

No they're getting pretty ridiculous. However I've noticed you get what you paid for with them.

Personally I have tried Anco (do they even exists any more?), Trico (multiple versions), Rain-ex, Michelin, Pylon, AC Delco and Motorcraft. I would imagine the last two are probably made be Anco. The only thing that I have found that sticks to my windshield and last is the Bosch Icon. That said I have not tried any of their other models. I can get a year out of them very easy and change them after the ice tears them up in the winter. If its a warm winter I could almost get two years. I catch them on sale an stock up for a couple years. Until the mess of the formula and they suck I will never buy another brand.
AMEN FOR ICON, they just work. at AAP we had car lot specials, commercial only for $3 a pair and they would last about 18 months. i would sell them to retail customers on a generic commercial account

Another vote for Trico. I have had good luck with Neoform but this time I went with XtraClear which is AA's house brand made by Trico and appears to be the same as the Trico Ultra's. They work well but we'll see how long I get out of them.
As long as this came back up thought I'd say these XtraClear's lasted until Sept 2020 so little over a year before one fell apart. I put the Force Beams on then and they are still like new a year later.

Use caution with the newer Bosch ICONs. They must have changed something about the rubber. I used to get a minimum of two years of service out of a set before streaking would become noticeable. I’ve had two sets of newer ICONs and only got 3 months out of each before streaking started.

I’m personally trying Toyota branded inserts now. 8 months in and they are going strong and were only $9-10 per insert at the dealer.

I splurged on the top rain-x blades recently after icons didnt last great. The top rain-x blades have been great on a honda, toyota, and Lexus, and chattered and screeched in ungodly ways on the f150, regardless of window cleaning or treatments. Hung them up on the wall for future solutions and bought another set of icons.

If you own a Honda ...over the years I have found the best ti be the OEM Honda wiper inserts....Even on the newer one piece type blade they are replaceable with just inserts. Honda alos coats the blade with graphite....

I highly recommend the Valeo blades. A couple of years ago they were listed as one of the longest lasting, and they seem to hold up well. They are a little hard to find However

Back