Show me your gun. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another gun worth way more than payed for new is the .357 Mag Colt King Cobra revolver.

My limited edition AR-15.

MLP.jpg

My very first firearm, Ruger SR22, bought in Jan of this year.
[Linked Image]

My 2nd firearm, S&W 9 M2.0, purchased just last week.
[Linked Image]

I really like the weight, feel, accuracy and firepower of the S&W 9.

Originally Posted by Red91
Mine: 2004 model Ruger new bearcat .22 revolver, with its uncle Mike's holster and preferred ammo, CCI CB .22 shorts.
[Linked Image]

Nice!

I like the Bearcat. My wife bought me this Single Six (with the .22 WMR cylinder) a couple years ago. Great fun to shoot. Great for teaching folks to shoot.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by bubbatime
Originally Posted by E150GT
Glock 19 RTF2 with fish gill slide. My

Congratulations. You own a rare glock that is now worth $1000 to $1500. That gun doubled/tripled in price in less than ten years. I have the same exact gun, like new, and for whatever reason, people go nuts collecting them and pay through the roof for them. I bought it brand new, because it was different.

So what makes this particluar Glock so special? I have a Glock 21 that I bought 30+ years ago and believe it has dropped in value. I paid $525 back then and can get them cheaper now if I shop for a deal. I also bought a Ruger 357 maximum Super Blackhawk around the same time for the same price and it is worth much more.

My very first gun. S&W 5906. Carried it during Desert Storm (first Gulf War) in a custom holster that the parachute riggers made for me.

[Linked Image]

One of my favorites, a Springfield M1D. January 1952 barrel (when it was converted). Bought from the CMP. The reproduction scope mount required some work to get it right. The reproduction scope works great. It's pretty accurate, about 1.5 -2.0 MOA. Not accurate by modern standards, but in Korea, for a battle rifle, pretty darn good. I've not worked on lapping the bolt, bedding the stock, or done any other accurizing because I want to keep it as issued. Including the painted on rack numbers.

[Linked Image]

Glock 19 RTF2 with fish gill slide. My

Congratulations. You own a rare glock that is now worth $1000 to $1500. That gun doubled/tripled in price in less than ten years. I have the same exact gun, like new, and for whatever reason, people go nuts collecting them and pay through the roof for them. I bought it brand new, because it was different.

I bought this one new back in 2011 or 2012. Can't remember it was just the last Glock 19 in stock at academy. If someone wants to pay me $1,500 I'll sell it.

The garands on this thread are awesome. I like rifles with wood furniture like that. I've always wanted a M1903. Best looking rifle.

Ruger LCP Custom. .380. Weighs as much as a plus size cell phone. Looks like one in your pocket while in its pocket holster. 7 with one in the tube. The newer internal hammer model LCP GEN 2 has got got every bit as good a trigger pull as my upgraded model. It's not as snaggy ( rear site) either. You can find them new for around $200. It's a fine gun for its intended purpose. At the range you won't want to shoot more than a box full, ouch!
I'm not such a fan of the LCP 2 with the striker and Glock style trigger. That trigger is just too light for me to keep it fully loaded in a pocket even in a holster.

Yea it's upside down
18.gif
I tried twice to flip it then gave up. What can I say it's an ipad
smirk2.gif

E6027BF5-5333-48D7-867A-384A1A263761.jpeg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Red91
That's a slick single six. What's your preferred ammo?

It shoots well with everything. I like CCI, though.

It does well with .22 WMR, but that stuff is .20/round, and that's ridiculous.

The .22WMR would be good for varmint hunting, but it's a bit too pricey to shoot at the range when the gun does well with .22LR. I'm told that some single sixes have poor accuracy with .22LR, because the barrel is a few thousandths larger for the .22 magnums, but either mine is an anomaly, or I'm just not good enough to notice.

The garands on this thread are awesome. I like rifles with wood furniture like that. I've always wanted a M1903. Best looking rifle.

I've got a 1903 that was bought in a local gun store. It's my Fathers Day present from my wife. Made by Smith-Corona in 1943.

I don't have a good picture of it, and it's buried in the safe at the moment, but I, like you, am a fan of the walnut stocks on that vintage of rifle.

The walnut on this model 1884 (shown here in our library) has a warmth and depth that is hard to beat. Yes, I shoot this old rifle once in a while, but it's just too pretty to keep hidden in a safe.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Took a chance on this bianci holster for a .22 auto, as I've wanted a leather one for the bearcat. Not a perfect fit but it's ok. The uncle Mike's fits much better. Oh well.

I'm not a great shot myself, but I've noticed better consistency with the CB shorts in the bearcat. Regular lr has a tendency to be all over the place. It's a light little revolver and the high velocity stuff actually makes it kick skyward lol. I had a Ruger Mark II before this gun. I actually got decent with it. It loved Remington thunderbolt and I was most consistent shooting that ammo. Although i really liked the mark II, I got tired of the heft(carried it while doing farm work) and it just didn't carry the same charm as the bearcat. It now has a home with a good friend. I still might buy it back someday nonetheless.

My S&W Model 10 and Model 18 are bashful and a little intimidated by all the fancy new hardware, but they have quiet dignity and proud of their heritage. And they are gorgeous.

Originally Posted by spk2000
Glock 19 RTF2 with fish gill slide.

Congratulations. You own a rare glock that is now worth $1000 to $1500. That gun doubled/tripled in price in less than ten years.

So what makes this particular Glock so special?

The Glock 19 RTF (rough texture frame) with fish gill slide serrations was a limited release.... supply vs demand over the years, and now they sell for what the market rate is. Last one that I saw that sold was like $1200. That was a year or two ago. It surprised me, because I own one and I didnt know they were collectible and more valuable, but apparently they are. One on gunbroker right now for $1400.

Originally Posted by jjjxlr8
genuine 1903A4 sniper, 1944:

[Linked Image]

and original M1D at the range:
[Linked Image]

So I have this rare Glock. Very sought after. I'll trade.you for one of these
grin2.gif

smile.gif

I prefer the 'wood and steel' guns, too.

I love the look of this well used M1A1. This one was appears to have gone through a post-WWII re-build and was probably used in Police service overseas until it was imported by Interarms to the USA.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back