Steering issue on Husqvarna YTH2046 lawn tractor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what individual parts are available but I would first take a good look at what is worn on yours.

Replacing everything could be more work too, not just higher expense. Depends on the design.

You might just need some $8 lower steering bearing/bushing or something...

Last edited:
It's usually just the lower bushing. Sometimes you can just make a new one out of PVC pipe.

The shaft gear & sector teeth don't wear out near as often as the shaft bushing on the bottom wears out.

If your Husqvarna is like the ones I've seen, which were all alike, they have a steering sector gear, and pinion on the steering wheel/column. Plastic bushings hold the steeing shaft in place and a heavy steel washer is used to reinforce the sector, so it doesn't flop around and stays meshed with the pinion. I'd check the steel washer and plastic bushings first. There is also a steel plate in the frame that supports all of the steering parts. I bought the reinforcement plate, sector and bushings off ebay for mine, and tightened it right up. As mentioned earlier, the sector and pinion don't "usually" wear enough to cause problems, but it does happen, the teeth wear down and won't stay meshed. So check it all out and see what's loose and replace.
I mowed with a commercial Husqvarna 27hp Briggs with 52" fabricated deck, and the only real gripe I had was the lack of rigidity of the frame, the loose steering and the lack of being able to mow high enough. If you raise the deck up to it's highest point, it would bang on the bottom of the body/frame and still only mowed about 3" or so high. Other than these fairly minor gripes it was a super mower, for way less than half the price of a big name mower. Having said that, I must say, nothing runs like a Deere!!!
Good luck!

Originally Posted by Donald
My older Husqvarna lawn tractor has a steering issue. When I try and turn a corner it makes a click noise and does not turn the wheels all the way. Sounds and feels like it jumps a steering tooth. Getting worse. Only good for gentle turns now. Do I just order a steering kit 584371701 rather than replace individual parts.

https://www.amazon.com/Husqvarna-St...;qid=1560104785&s=gateway&sr=8-2

Had the same problem . The kit will fix your problem but is overkill. The problem is the steering shaft support (part #19 part number 532160395)from parts breakdown on previous post.
https://www.partstree.com/parts/hus...-yard-tractor-2000-11/steering-assembly/
The support at the end of the steering shaft is a plastic part (the only plastic part), gets sloppy on the lower shaft and doesn't mesh well with the sector gear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back