2004 Audi Allroad 2.7T 6MT Stg1 Mobil1 0W/40, 11,000/234,404

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first time doing an oil analysis. I use the "OEM" Mann filters and usually run the oil to ~15Kmi with a 7Kmi oil filter change (and oil top up). For life reasons this time I ended up running to 11Kmi on the same oil and filter.
1/3 city driving, 2/3 highway driving, typical commute length is 45min per trip. Since it's Stg1 tuned I like to stomp on it every now and then...

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Given the results, is it worth continuing to change the filter at 7K with top-up, or just do the full oil and filter at 15K?

Originally Posted by tincanfury
Given the results, is it worth continuing to change the filter at 7K with top-up, or just do the full oil and filter at 15K?

I think you could safely leave the filter.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

I think you could safely leave the filter.

+1. Filters get better with age, as long as the engine is clean to start with.

Originally Posted by LotI

that makes no sense.

Last edited:
Should have pulled a TBN/TAN. I'm not sure how these engines are on oil but 15k seems like a stretch.

You might have the most reliable Allroad ever made.

that makes no sense.

I think what was meant is that as a filter becomes more loaded with contaminants it begins to filter more.

Originally Posted by SubyRoo

that makes no sense.

I think what was meant is that as a filter becomes more loaded with contaminants it begins to filter more.

Yeah that's what he was trying to say but that doesn't make it true.

Oil filters do not get more efficient as they load up.

Originally Posted by Gasbuggy
Should have pulled a TBN/TAN. I'm not sure how these engines are on oil but 15k seems like a stretch.

You might have the most reliable Allroad ever made.

I have a 2003 Audi Allroad 2.7 with 290,000 miles. Audi's 2.7L turbo engine has a longstanding issue with burning oil and, as they age, leaking oil. Mine does a lot of both but still runs and drives incredibly well all things considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back